Big Rock Upgrading BRCC with Typhon 3s A arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skithepow38

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
So I noticed my turnbuckles and steering links are wearing out and getting sloppy so was thing about upgrading to the Typhon 3s A arms. I also already have 10mm wheel extension on it. I know I need to replace the turnbuckles and steering links to a longer size. Is there a good metal/aluminum version with metal pivot balls available that won’t wear out that anybody can suggest? Also, should I change out my stock shocks with this conversion, if so what would you suggest including all parts and pieces to make it fit properly? Part number would be much appropriated. Thanks

While I’m picking your brains, what diff fluid should you recommend using in the brcc? Also does anybody have any suggestions for a fan set up for the motor?
Sorry for all the questions, just figured I would get them all out in one thread. Thanks again

Last edited:
Well, I can't comment on the most, but I can tell you what I would suggest as a motor fan:

Just take the 30x30mm fan you like and screw it into the heatsink (and wire it to your third channel on the receiver). Simple as that.
You can also use 2 30x30mm fans with a plate that holds both.

This is what I have done, just bought a twin fan with metal plate holder set up (it is sold as an Absima here in Germany, no ideo what it is sold as in the USA) and screwed it in. It worked with the original screws, but I used some longer 3x18mm screws just in case. So far I drove 3 3S packs with it without it coming loose, everything still sits tight in there.

Here is how it looks like:

It works great, but I might switch to some high speed fans later down the line (just because you can't have to much cooling :D ).

I'm just about to do the same conversion to Typon A arms. I'm also running the HR hubs. It might be silly but I'm hoping it will be fun.
I've bought aluminium pivot balls but was going to stick with stock Typhon turnbuckles and rod ends. I'm hoping metal on plastic wont wear as fast.

GPM do do metal turnbuckles though. But I'm not sure how good they are.
These are the Big Rock ones (can't find Typhon) It says adjustable but again not sure to what extent. https://www.gpmracing.com.hk/en/pro...-10-4WD-BIG-ROCK-CREW-CAB-4X4-3S-BLX-AR102711

I'm assuming it will have an effect on suspension as there is more leverage from the longer A-arm. I really don't know a hell of a lot about suspension set up but have played with 50wt oil and dropped it down to 40wt. I'm expecting I may have to increase the preload and maybe the weight of the oil. What I'd like to play around with is different spring rates but I haven't found anything yet.

Good luck!

I emailed GPM for clarity on the length of their turnbuckle set for the 4x4 rigs. The stock Typhon turnbuckles are 48mm long. You could simply buy them and use your existing ends and pivot balls.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back