Granite Upgrading ESC on Son’s Granite Voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRM

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
Looking for some help. My son saved up money and bought his first r/c truck. It is a Granite Voltage 2W drive with brushed motor. A couple weeks after light use it appeared the ESC went bad. Spoke with Horizon Hobby (which they were very responsive) and they upgraded us to the following:
When installing, I’m finding the steering servo has a 5 pin connector while the new Spektrum SR310 receiver takes only 3 pins.

image.jpg

We are new to r/c trucks so would appreciate any help to get this truck back on the road. Thanks

You will need a new servo too. Amazon has some for $20 or visit your LHS

HH may just give you another correct 3 wire standard servo for free. Since they upgraded you all around to get you going, they just forgot about the original Servos 5 wire incompatibility. That was very generous of HH to send you the DX2E. They could have sent you the POS STX2.(n)
Good luck. But as stated above, by @jondilly1974 , you can get a AMZ servo cheaply. A 20+Kg would be fine. (y)

Thanks for the help! Will head out and get a new servo.

Thanks for the help! Will head out and get a new servo.
Since it's usually the first thing people do with 6s Arrmas, see if you can pick up a used servo from facebook/classifieds/ebay for cheap. Lots of people change them out straight away so chances are you could get one with little to no usage and for a good price since most 6s owners in the know consider the servo a paperweight, i put my kraton 6s servo in my granite voltage and it's excellent. No issues so far and my granite has taken a beating. The servo is called ADS-15M.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back