Upgrading granite mega to brushless, spur gear question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrock

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Picked up new spur and pinion gears to go along with my brushless upgrade on my granite mega, but the spur gear I bought (Arrma pn ara310947) has a much wider center hole, and is just all around different than the stock one. Do I need an entire HD slipper clutch assembly? I’m guessing it’s built beefier for the 3S version?

Yes. If you plan to use a motor with a 3mm rotor you can buy an adaptor/sleeve to fill the slot.

3s spur is 32dp, different from the (old) 48dp spur. Worth replacing the whole slipper assembly for brushless.

Yes. If you plan to use a motor with a 3mm rotor you can buy an adaptor/sleeve to fill the slot.

3s spur is 32dp, different from the (old) 48dp spur. Worth replacing the whole slipper assembly for brushless.
Yeah I got a new pinion, but that’s not what I’m talking about... I found a chart that shows every part difference for the mega up to the blx, made a list and bought everything it said I needed, but the spur gear, not the pinion gear, has a wider center hole and is built different than the one contained in the stock mega slipper clutch, which I took apart.
You will need a new pinion as well.
Yeah I picked up a 13T and a 15T with proper size shaft holes

56198DD4-1A8D-4CF7-8ED0-882F90B51034.jpeg

AC96D18D-76C3-496E-AF17-0A7E8925FC59.jpeg

Yeah I got a new pinion, but that’s not what I’m talking about... I found a chart that shows every part difference for the mega up to the blx, made a list and bought everything it said I needed, but the spur gear, not the pinion gear, has a wider center hole and is built different than the one contained in the stock mega slipper clutch, which I took apart.

Yeah I picked up a 13T and a 15T with proper size shaft holes

View attachment 103420

View attachment 103421
You have the old 48dp mega slipper with the red locknut. You will need the whole slipper assembly (if you buy the maintenance kit, flanged bearing and slipper plates you can build one using that spur gear, but may be cheaper to just buy a full slipper and keep that spur spare for when the other gets stripped)!

Last edited:
Just get the BLX slipper full assembly (ARA311034) and (ARA311033) red drive adapter as it's 5mm shorter and the BLX triple plate slipper is longer on the center drive shaft side. It's a far better slipper set up and made for the brushless power
You'll need a mod 0.8 pinion (32p) as the HD Spur is Mod 0.8
Also take into account that the mega spur is a 91t and the HD Spur is 87t. Do you can match up your overall drive ratio. Also you may need to modify your trans box to mesh your gears better unless you get the BLX trans box (ARA311032) it's a 3 piece trans box with an alloy engine mount

Last edited:
Just get the BLX slipper full assembly (ARA311034) and (ARA311033) red drive adapter as it's 5mm shorter and the BLX triple plate slipper is longer on the center drive shaft side. It's a far better slipper set up and made for the brushless power
You'll need a mod 0.8 pinion (32p) as the HD Spur is Mod 0.8
Also take into account that the mega spur is a 91t and the HD Spur is 87t. Do you can match up your overall drive ratio. Also you may need to modify your trans box to mesh your gears better unless you get the BLX trans box (ARA311032) it's a 3 piece trans box with an alloy engine mount
Yeah, that’s what I’ve decided, to just buy the full blx slipper assembly, found one on eBay that also has the metal mount and upgraded tranny... thanks for the heads up on that adapter! I would’ve been down another week having not known that!!

well crap, i just noticed this as well, so will i be able to get the full assembly (ARA311034) and still be able to use the steel 57t .8mod kraton 4s spur that i already bought? if so what pinon should i run with that? i have a 15t and 17t.

Yes it will work, but just note if you repace a part with metal the damage will move to a different location. My guess is it will go to your rear diff. I run the HD plastic because it's my sacrifice part as it will strip before my engine of diffs are damaged

Screenshot_20201012_060352_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back