Typhon Upgrading Mega 550 to 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 6s
Thinking of upgrading my mega V3 to 3-4S and standby for 6S in the near future. Can I just buy a castle 2S-6S capable motor and link it up with the Spektrum ESC that is used in the 6S typhon?

What gear minimally do I need to change?

Thanks Aizen, they bounce back pretty quick when their young thankfully…!!

yes - definitely cheaper to buy new…!! And you can e-bay the Mega. I got £150 for mine so only lost £60 overall.

the Typhon 3s ripps so won’t disappoint. Just read up on lipo batteries. Not trying to confuse your choice but pending your use, the vorteks maybe a better idea if your mostly running grass and loose dirt and not too much jumping..?!

I mostly run dirt tracks with decent jumps and it’s hard to keep her straight on the loose stuff so I swopped the transmitter and receiver for one with stability control. All I’m thinking is, if your going to mostly run on loose ground, the vorteks already comes with stability control which you can turn up or down. It only keeps the front wheels straight and back end from sliding out but it seriously helps at times when all you want to do is nail that trigger…!!

maybe watch some videos on both but I wouldn’t be without my Typhon, its one I’d replace tomorrow above my others if I wrecked it…!!
I'm using a 2S Lipo on my mega.. looks faster than the nimh though when I use it on the Mega.

So far I haven't tried jumping yet. Only at the carpark \ court going round and round on flat ground.

Vorteks might be my future buy when I can go back to the village where there are less cement grounds ;D

Back