Talion Upgrading my Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motor bearings froze up after 4 runs, found bent Motor shaft. Got a hobby star 2000kv 4 pole to put in untill we here from Arrma. Be starting over, motor, pinon, spur. My early pinon break has made rough start.

Last edited:
Motor bearings froze up after 4 runs, found bent Motor shaft. Got a hobby star 2000kv 4 pole to put in untill we here from Arrma. Be starting over, motor, pinon, spur. My early pinon break has made rough start.
. Nope,the motor fried, should not have,I check temps often too.
IMG_20170502_155049194.jpg

Going hobby star,2000 kv with 150amp ESC, old spectrum Dx3c radio system, I have had enough rc's to know that my motor should not have burned up in a dozen 15 to 20 min runs. Arrma can't guarantee replacement an I don't like how sluggish the system is anyway. Shipping not my hobby. Next I'll be looking at bearing change out,car has always sounded like I got small nitro motor in it. If I can't get it to smooth out,I'll leave it on train tracks an video tape it for ya.

UPDATED system. (Waiting for the Darn weather to clear up again, terrible spring in SE Wisconsin this year.should have bought a RC boato_O.) Both my ESC and transmitter are way more easily adjustable now. So my plan is to stay 6s cause I bought two sets at the start. I have detuned the system to start with cause stock system sounded like schreder more then any RC I have ever started an run before. As of now I have only turned on power an given a little power to forward the wheels an wow what difference this system is going make. I have owned most brands of RC in my life time an my talion sounded more like a nitro car then electric right out of box. Yes this is my 1st steel spur driven car but you didn't need to be rocket scientist to know my talion was way loud out of the box. There's no way I should have broken a pinion an burned up the motor in 12 runs. I am really hoping my new system proves it to me. Drys up around here we'll find out.:spiderman:
IMG_20170423_075757311.jpg
IMG_20170326_084837450.jpg

Nobody cares but I'm back up an running, 15 tooth pinon,ESC settings stock. The blx seem like it was at max punch all the time compared to new ESC. Checking temps every 5 min. Yard an road nothing over 104 degrees on motor,60 outside. Hope I hold gear mesh,not many Spurs available. Thinking kraton tires for off yard off road,be a little more cushion. What ya think?

IMG_20170521_153022984.jpg
was out grazzing the new system,some body needs to make a golf course type place for RC off road,Be ideal, rolling hills an stubby grass, good lordy man.

I have not tried it yet on mine, but have heard good things about gyro systems for rc cars. Some youtube videos seemed very convincing, it similar to Traxxas TSM.

If upgrading the radio system, dialing w exponential, dual rate and EPA, plus gyro will make it even better.

On all my nitros, especially on smaller 1/12tg scale, w short wheel base the exponential is invaluable.

Good deal with setting the truck.

I have not tried it yet on mine, but have heard good things about gyro systems for rc cars. Some youtube videos seemed very convincing, it similar to Traxxas TSM
If upgrading the radio system, dialing w oexponential, dual rate and EPA, plus gyro will make it even better.

On all my nitros, especially on smaller 1/12tg scale, w short wheel base the exponential is invaluable.

Good deal with setting the truck.

I turn off tsm an automatic things,more real driving is what I crave.

Yes, the same reason I don't have it on any of my RCs.

But if in extreme situations where pushing the limits, and there is no margin for error, having a gyro is a blessing. Flysky has a good EPA exponential settings, and its not that expensive, just saying. I use it on a 1/12 on-road nitro and when that little devil goes into 2nd gear gets all crazy looking for road. This way if I do try to correct, its very minor, and smooth, not twitchy. I don't over-shoot and end flipping it. On a .18 with a MIP 360 pipe, its silly power for such a little race chassis.

What do you mean you turn it off TSM? the Talion does not come with such system.

If you don't mind me asking, English is not your first language?

SkyRC GC301

skyrc-gc301-rc-car-gyro-sk-600068.jpg

Update; going up to 16 tooth pinion ,hobbystar combo seems to have room for me to move up. Took out center diff to change lube back to 10,000 an notice little uneven wear on spur gear so replaced housing, installed new spur. Because I only run forward it was easier to see the wear all around gear. setting pinion mesh went good ,no slight binding in one area as in the past. Pinion loctite drying,weather permitting next run. Need to think better battery box also.

16 tooth pinion an spur working great,mesh an install went well.you can tell when everything is aligned correct the gear noise is not as loud.15/10/10 thou on diff fluids keeping the front end done too.thinking i finally got this thing right,sounding like its finally running the way they intended.
IMG_20170728_191014573.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back