Typhon Upgrading servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aturdsandwich

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Does upgrading your servo give you better response time when turning? Just recently upgraded my remote and it still feels delayed. And I noticed when turning my wheel my servo moves a bit. Should I upgrade from the stock plastic mount to a metal mount?

The aluminum servo mounts are a great upgrade. As for response time or speed of the servo it depends on the servo you purchase. There are tons of options out there and I am sure multiple people will chime in about what has worked for them. I bought a new servo but I am holding onto it until my stock burns out and I need to use it.

Does upgrading your servo give you better response time when turning? Just recently upgraded my remote and it still feels delayed. And I noticed when turning my wheel my servo moves a bit. Should I upgrade from the stock plastic mount to a metal mount?

Yes, if the advertised speed is higher on the purchased servo it will respond faster..

As for the mount moving, if you have servo mount movement at full lock your end points are way off.. the bellcranks lock over ,and the servo continues to throw, that force is pushed into the mount and it yields...

If this is the case, and you install an aluminum servo mount your bound to kill that servo... end points are extremely important to servo gear life, and general servo life as a whole...

Is this a V4? If so an aluminum servo mount, a faster, stronger servo, and a snap ring in the servo saver or two will fix it up.

Last edited:
I ordered the 17 dollar all metal digital 20kg servo from Amazon. I want the 83 dollar Saxon one.... But I figured I would try this one first. And a HR motor mount. And the hr titanium arm

Are the metal Servo Mounts compatible with all 6s models? Same metal servo mount that will fit a Typhon will also fit a Infraction or Outcast?

Are the metal Servo Mounts compatible with all 6s models? Same metal servo mount that will fit a Typhon will also fit a Infraction or Outcast?
I am not sure about that. I was on Amazon and said it fit
I am not sure about that. I was on Amazon and said it fit
I know my typhon and my kraton match up. Because they have the same servo ecu and motor

YES.(y) Because the stock part number carries over for all 6S.
Just bear in mind some upgrade brands of ST Mounts vary slightly in dimensional height. I've used the HR version. No issues.
Just make sure that the servo arm attached to the servo remains level like the stock setup. Use shims as necessary. When using upgrade servos in general, shimming is usually done to keep the arm level if need be.

Last edited:
Is this a V4? If so an aluminum servo mount, a faster, stronger servo, and a snap ring in the servo saver or two will fix it up.
Please elaborate on the snap ring thing please. I've got a V4 and I am going to replace the servo and mount but just found out what a servo saver even was. 50 yr old "newbie" here. LOL

Please elaborate on the snap ring thing please. I've got a V4 and I am going to replace the servo and mount but just found out what a servo saver even was. 50 yr old "newbie" here. LOL
Here is a video from a member @East tactics

50 yr old newbie. LOL. I just turned 66 today. You're never too old for toys.
Get the Savox SW1211. I have it in 3 of my trucks and it's going in my B'Day present, Typhon 6s V4.
Also, get a new RX. The stock one is a POS. I just put the Spektrum SR515 in. Had an extra 6100AT, but it wouldn't fit in the box.
The steering seems to be the weakest point on this rig. Otherwise it's a beast.

Thanks FDhog. Lol. I already got a Spektrum DX5c and it was night and day over that hunk o junk it came with. Looking at Protek and Saxox servos as we speak. That Savox 2290SG looks like a bad boy on paper and I like the all aluminium case. I think, like the stock Rx, anything would be an improvement...

I just picked up a Hobbystar high-torque servo. They are perfect for the Typhon and pretty fast. Right now they are on sale for 35 bucks on RC Juice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back