Raider Upgrading the Xl BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
I am looking at spending about $150 USD on upgrading my Raider Xl Blx. Does anyone have any suggestions or a list of the best parts to upgrade? I am especially looking at replacing whatever plastic parts I can with metals ones.

He wanted metal parts WoodiE
I am looking to replace the front and rear suspension arms with metal ones, as they are more durable than plastic ones. Thanks for the suggestions though. Are there any metal parts to replace these parts? AR320316, AR320202, AR320004, AR330225, AR320211

I am looking at spending about $150 USD on upgrading my Raider Xl Blx. Does anyone have any suggestions or a list of the best parts to upgrade? I am especially looking at replacing whatever plastic parts I can with metals ones.

I am looking to replace the front and rear suspension arms with metal ones, as they are more durable than plastic ones. Thanks for the suggestions though. Are there any metal parts to replace these parts? AR320316, AR320202, AR320004, AR330225, AR320211
This is about all you're going to find in the way of metal parts for the Raider XL (except for Fast Eddy bearings and maybe some aluminum wheels):
http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=185

He wanted metal parts WoodiE
There is nothing about this line "Does anyone have any suggestions or a list of the best parts to upgrade?" that specifically states metal only. Sure he'd like to upgrade some stuff to metal but RPM A-Arms are by far the best part, which is exactly what he asked. ;)

This is about all you're going to find in the way of metal parts for the Raider XL (except for Fast Eddy bearings and maybe some aluminum wheels):
http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=185
Ok thanks, and is there any good set of front/rear shocks that will last a while that anyone has had before?

There is nothing about this line "Does anyone have any suggestions or a list of the best parts to upgrade?" that specifically states metal only. Sure he'd like to upgrade some stuff to metal but RPM A-Arms are by far the best part, which is exactly what he asked. ;)
I am especially looking at replacing whatever plastic parts I can with metals ones.
I think this is what @mudman meant.

Alexander. That site that I posted the link to, STRC, has aluminum shocks I've seen others post that they are very good.

Try trackstar 855mm front and 100mm rears. They come complete. Ordered from honby king online. Buy 30 and 40 weight shock oil. 30 for front and 40 for rear. Use the existing ball end fittings off the stock shocks. Had to file out the trackstar end fittings slightly to get them to fit. Perfect fit to car and the shocks are all alumiunum except the mounting homes to file. Use the stock fron springs in the new front shocks as the new front set at 85mm is a slight bit long and the stock springs are smaller making them set well. Trackstars are also adjistable.

Attachments

• 26D1F19A-3AE9-4C95-84E5-7905742EAAE9.jpeg
    26D1F19A-3AE9-4C95-84E5-7905742EAAE9.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 82
Alexander. Although not metal, I would highly recommend putting a front bumper on. This will save your suspension arms, shocks, etc in a frontal crash. The wheels will take most of the impact force causing mass destruction to those components I mentioned. I am running a T-Bone Racing front bumper. It is very inexpensive. Plus I installed my lights in the existing holes.
13826-bd89146d0bc0bd221b5343b50a4f1e1e.jpg

Try trackstar 855mm front and 100mm rears. They come complete. Ordered from honby king online. Buy 30 and 40 weight shock oil. 30 for front and 40 for rear. Use the existing ball end fittings off the stock shocks. Had to file out the trackstar end fittings slightly to get them to fit. Perfect fit to car and the shocks are all alumiunum except the mounting homes to file. Use the stock fron springs in the new front shocks as the new front set at 85mm is a slight bit long and the stock springs are smaller making them set well. Trackstars are also adjistable.
Thanks I will definitely consider this option.

Alexander. Although not metal, I would highly recommend putting a front bumper on. This will save your suspension arms, shocks, etc in a frontal crash. The wheels will take most of the impact force causing mass destruction to those components I mentioned. I am running a T-Bone Racing front bumper. It is very inexpensive. Plus I installed my lights in the existing holes.
View attachment 14397
Thank you I might do that!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back