Upgrading tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipssy180

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have the stock arms granite truck . I want to know how can I get it faster ? Can I change size of piñon and spur with same motor ? Can I put 2 motors on this model or should I just upgrade to 1/8 scale motor and esc ? . Thank you all for reading .

The first thing that I'd recommend getting is the aluminium bottom reinforcing plate,which you'll need if you're going to upgrade the speed side of things. Next,buy the 32dp 57t or 54t spur gear along with a 14t /15t/16t pinion gear, getting all three gives you far more options to keep your heat in check. Your next port of call will be a better set of wheels/tyres, personally I can't help here as I only have a Fury, though I'm sure that there are plenty of other members who can recommend something. This will at least give you a good start along your upgrading route.
After that,you can think about upgrading the motor/esc side of things. Just changing the gearing will make a big difference to the top end of the trucks speed.

@Dreadstar thanks a million bro for the insight .. Just got a 18t pinion gear for it to play with but didn't change spur so I'll . Call the shop back for that set up u just told me about .

If your not already, just switching to 2S Lipo batteries will give a boost in speed, especially compared to running 6-cell NiMH, but even vs 7-cell NiMH it is a small boost.

Get some good tires. No sense of having a fast truck if you cant keep it from spinning all over the place. I run Pro Line 2.8 Trenchers, great all around bashing tire. If you are going to run a lipo on the stock mega ESC, be careful to watch the temps. I let my son use my lipo on his mega and it fried the ESC. He was most likely going full throttle all the time, but still keep an eye on your heat.
Have fun!

We ran a 18t and 8.4 battery on my son's granite mega on the weekend . Picked up some good speed increase . Temps warmed a bit on motor and esc but not too bad . It's a good start . U won't run 6 cell on it anymore cuz there is a difference lol . Great truck though .

We ran a 18t and 8.4 battery on my son's granite mega on the weekend . Picked up some good speed increase . Temps warmed a bit on motor and esc but not too bad . It's a good start . U won't run 6 cell on it anymore cuz there is a difference lol . Great truck though .

@granite2007 I did the same with 18t . It increased the speed a lot while watching my temps . Also thinking about a bigger spur gear next if it's not too much on esc

I'm running a 22T pinion on my fury with a brushless motor and it could easily handle a bigger pinion/smaller spur, but I'm just going to swap to the 0.8Mod pinion/spur type and replace the transmission pieces with the BLX items all at one time... then I'm sure with that speed I'll def blow something up :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back