Kraton Upgrading to a new ESC and Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kraton_Kev

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey y'all,

I've severed my battery wire to my ESC (not the battery itself) because I didnt zip tie the harness to the crash tower and the wire was cut clean in half by my spur gear. poop. I've soldered it back together, but feel there maybe a bit more electrical resistance.

I've been looking at the Sensored Castle 2200kv 1515 motor paired with the Mamba Monster X. From what i hear, it's awesome. But I'd like to hear over other awesome powertrain upgrades. Maybe a lower kv rating for better efficiency.

I'd like to hear your suggestions and why, if any at all. Thanks all!

Hey y'all,

I've severed my battery wire to my ESC (not the battery itself) because I didnt zip tie the harness to the crash tower and the wire was cut clean in half by my spur gear. poop. I've soldered it back together, but feel there maybe a bit more electrical resistance.

I've been looking at the Sensored Castle 2200kv 1515 motor paired with the Mamba Monster X. From what i hear, it's awesome. But I'd like to hear over other awesome powertrain upgrades. Maybe a lower kv rating for better efficiency.

I'd like to hear your suggestions and why, if any at all. Thanks all!
I’m using hobbystar 2000kv motor with stock esc. I’m running a 16tooth pinion and no fans on the motor and the hottest it got was 161. I think that castle setup may run hot but not 100% sure. And hobby star brand is cheaper than castle. Hope this helps

I’m using hobbystar 2000kv motor with stock esc. I’m running a 16tooth pinion and no fans on the motor and the hottest it got was 161. I think that castle setup may run hot but not 100% sure. And hobby star brand is cheaper than castle. Hope this helps

I run 170, no fans, on that Castle combo.

Thanks y'all for the input! Is anyone running the Leopard 1700kv combos? Long cans means more torque, right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back