Granite Upgrading voltage to brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I have heard that the stock (brushed) voltage motor is held installed by the motor dimples. How does this work with a brushless motor on the voltage? I have a surpass one in mind where the wires exit straight from the back. Just unclear on how the install works…or if modification/additional parts is needed.
**I had no plans on upgrading a voltage to brushless. Ever. Yet here I am. Yup. It’s this site! It’s like a freakin’ gateway drug to mo better funner drugs 🤦‍♂️

Arrma the main reason why there are homeless people on the streets
homeless GIF

I’m right there with you, waiting on my new receiver/transmitter
I put new tires on earlier. They have a uch better traction. Actually too much…I stripped out 1 or more inside gears lol. Love these tires though. Cheap, light weight and 5.2’ (stock is 5”).
May put 2 on front and stock on back to ease gear stress. I’ll open ‘er up up tomorrow and see what stripped and figure further. Maybe even see how to install the brushless motor once I get it.
Meanwhile, I put a t-bone bumper on my granite today. Love it and wish they had them in stock for the voltage 🥩

FC7FE6B7-FE9E-42AC-BA18-BAF446F60878.png

I put new tires on earlier. They have a uch better traction. Actually too much…I stripped out 1 or more inside gears lol. Love these tires though. Cheap, light weight and 5.2’ (stock is 5”).
May put 2 on front and stock on back to ease gear stress. I’ll open ‘er up up tomorrow and see what stripped and figure further. Maybe even see how to install the brushless motor once I get it.
Meanwhile, I put a t-bone bumper on my granite today. Love it and wish they had them in stock for the voltage 🥩

View attachment 145536
Nope!! I was wrong! I opened the gear cover and the pinion had simply come lose. The truck is weeks old so QC failed a bit here. I reset and tightened, now all is solid. The truck runs great and the tires are fantastic compared to stock.
Funny thing is i warrantied the truck (I always get the aftermarket warranty) and they refunded full cost, inc tax… and let me keep the old one. So now I have 3 voltages to play with
😃

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back