Upper and lower Carbon fiber brace tubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
found them on Amazon.. $16 i think. ? As I understand it, they are actual carbon fiber tubes that when sleeved over the aluminum braces , give a bit more rigidity , and reduce flex , especially on the long Tower to Tower brace. I like the look also.

found them on Amazon.. $16 i think. ? As I understand it, they are actual carbon fiber tubes that when sleeved over the aluminum braces , give a bit more rigidity , and reduce flex , especially on the long Tower to Tower brace. I like the look also.
Are they made specific for the 8s. Or just in general CF tubes. Can’t find them made for the 8s.

Are they made specific for the 8s. Or just in general CF tubes. Can’t find them made for the 8s.
It’s just a generic tube. The K8S is probably too new for anyone to specifically market CF tubes just for it.

I threw on a thick coat of future floor polish on mine. Look pretty nice next to all that dust :ROFLMAO: I used a pipe cutter on the tubes. Just stick the red brace in the tube before cutting it so it doesn't deform or splinter. Also, it's good to sand the edges & apply super glue to them so they don't splinter over time. Heat shrink does complete the look.

20210409_110153.jpg
20210409_110208.jpg
20210409_110226.jpg
20210409_110633.jpg

I threw on a thick coat of future floor polish on mine. Look pretty nice next to all that dust :ROFLMAO: I used a pipe cutter on the tubes. Just stick the red brace in the tube before cutting it so it doesn't deform or splinter. Also, it's good to sand the edges & apply super glue to them so they don't splinter over time. Heat shrink does complete the look.

View attachment 138464View attachment 138465View attachment 138466View attachment 138468
Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I don't bend the upper front chassis brace like a banana again on my EXB K8S after doing this mod 🤣👍
Yep, some use heat shrink on the ends for a streamline look.
Thanks 👍

View attachment 138464View attachment 138465View attachment 138466View attachment 138468

How are the tubes holding up? Did you ever bend one of support braces before? I’m trying to make my 8s as bulletproof as I can and might have to follow your lead on the carbon fiber...

How are the tubes holding up? Did you ever bend one of support braces before? I’m trying to make my 8s as bulletproof as I can and might have to follow your lead on the carbon fiber...
The braces aren't going to bend with the tubes on, period. If anything, the plastic connecting ends will break first. I'm surprised HR didn't make aluminum ends like they did for the 6s. GPM makes all aluminum braces, but I'm not touching that stuff. The end's screw is M6 & M6 male helm jointed ends are too big for the towers. I'll see if HR has plans for the ends cause that would sure up a big weakness other than redesigning the braces completely.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back