Kraton upper arm pulling out of threaded ball end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
my new Kraton had the ball end arm pull right out of upper arm.the Nero has had same issue.. i came up with easy fix that works outstanding.. get some liquid electric tape and put some in upper arm and around thread of ball end.. screw in all the way and let dry overnight.. i bashed it hard next day and it solid as a rock... plus you can still unscrew to adjust camber and toe.. hope that helps you guys. KRATON ROCKS!

Thanks for the tip, I may have to try that. I haven't had mine pull out yet, but they get a little loose every other run. I wonder if CA glue would work just as well....?

Thanks for the tip, I may have to try that. I haven't had mine pull out yet, but they get a little loose every other run. I wonder if CA glue would work just as well....?

I would honestly worry I couldn't get the ball end all the way in before the glue dried LOL plus then you can't make adjustments, but if I was in a pinch I'd probably do it

Same thing happened to me within a couple days of getting a Kraton.. appeared to strip the threads on the A arm as it happened 2-3 more times over the next couple days. Being new, I was a bit stumped on what to do.. was concerned if I simply replaced the A arm it'd just do it again. Ordered some replacements anyway, but LHS recommended using some hobby superglue on the threading.. Did that, no issues in the past couple weeks and have had some pretty serious crashes on that time. Guess I'll keep those a arms for spare parts =)

nwdm1537 - Great to hear this solved your issue! Or bought some time at least. I believe I'm doing that before next run.

Has anyone removed the shims under the steering ball ends and ran it that way? I'm kind of wondering if those are contributing to the problem by not supporting the ball entirely.... I might just replace them with washers if it turns out they are needed.

glue may make plastic weaker... plus you can still adjust them this way..

I would honestly worry I couldn't get the ball end all the way in before the glue dried LOL plus then you can't make adjustments, but if I was in a pinch I'd probably do it
your right because glue actually breaks down certain plastics and make it brittle... the liquid electric tape is plastic and just fills in loose threads.. plus you can remove it and adjust...i just used it on battery tray so it stops slideing toward spur gear and works like champ.. remove 4 screws plut liquid and screwed back in.. done no more issue

Well shouldn't have any effect on the plastic, CA is like thread lock for plastic threads, Ive done this a lot. In fact, it is recommended in a lot of kits I've built. I'm going to replace my spacers with metal washers and CA the pivot balls in place soon. I'll report back after I've tested..

Well shouldn't have any effect on the plastic, CA is like thread lock for plastic threads, Ive done this a lot. In fact, it is recommended in a lot of kits I've built. I'm going to replace my spacers with metal washers and CA the pivot balls in place soon. I'll report back after I've tested..
my point is once it is glued in they are stuck like that for good,, correct. how are you going to adjust camber or toe, or remove when you need too?

CA doesn't stick as well to the metal, only to plastic. doesn't take much, very small amount. You can still remove the ball later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back