Kraton URAV Lipo Killer - Ever used it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManhattanRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
So I've finally got a bad lipo. I ran it, and it had a cell drop down to 2.9V. The other cells were at 3.5ish, and LVC figured since the total volt sum was good all was well. I charged it back up, and it balanced fine, but when I put it on the SkyRC battery discharger / analyzer that same cell was .46 lower than the others when I went down to 3.2v per cell. The discharger luckily will shut off when the 1st cell hits 3.2v.

Question: So most of the amperage is run out of this thing, and its at 2%. I'm thinking of killing it with the URAV, but what's the risk? I mean the amperage is out mostly, but has anyone ever used the URAV? Anything I should worry about here? I'm assuming that since current is the fuel, and it's almost out, the battery is basically a brick. I just want to run it the rest of the way out.

Thoughts?

A lipo with over 2 volts per cell is still a little bundle of massive energy. Take it outside and wack it with an axe!

If it were mine I’d just give it the old revive and keep using it until it gets unhappy.

A lipo with over 2 volts per cell is still a little bundle of massive energy. Take it outside and wack it with an axe!

If it were mine I’d just give it the old revive and keep using it until it gets unhappy.
The whacking part sounds fun and when I move back to the burbs much more efficient, but in Manhattan its bound to draw attention from the passer-byes. It's now slowly having its life drained via the Lipo Killer, in a bat-safe in the parking garage.

I use the URUAV Lipo killer.

Used it on some lipos i use in my drones, drains the battery in a couple of days (cells show 0v). Then i just cut of the connector and short the wires and in to the bin it goes:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back