Typhon Use two set screws on motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I never realized that I could use two set screws on the motor of the 6s Typhon and other 6s trucks. So use the extra one? Or just one?

Clean the pinion and grub screw with brake cleaner then apply a small dab of blue 243 thread lock to the grub screw. Allow 24 hours to cure.

Mine come loose if I run it without letting the loctite cure. Sometimes it's hard to wait.

Clean the pinion and grub screw with brake cleaner then apply a small dab of blue 243 thread lock to the grub screw. Allow 24 hours to cure.
This^
If you’re not cleaning the threads of all the old Loctite with solvent before applying more, this is the cause of your recurring problem.

The more (screws) the better. I have a mix of pinions and half of them only have 1 screw with mix of grub sizes as well. Use what the pinion manufacturer provides I. e. use both if available. Might be a small balancing issue as well but doubt that it matters.

I have a few pinions that use two screws, I think its a good idea if you make sure the threads are clean and let the Loctite set before using

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back