Granite Used Granite 3s value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmarrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey all, happy Saturday!

I found a used granite 3s in my area that looks to be in good condition, comes with an electron pro 100w charger, 5200mah 3s, and a spare set of shocks. there's not a lot of info on the listing besides that but the photos look alright. I talked him down to $175, good deal or no? it's 50% or less total value, but I'm just not sure about not having warranty coverage. what are your guys thoughts on used rigs?

Well, i have done lot of used Traxxas vehicles to my self and always they reguire full teardown, good cleaning and some bearings if regreasing does not help. I can't tell about the price because im from Europe, but if seems legit and you are ready to dig in that little bit deeper, go a head then 👍

Give it a good look, pull the driveshaft and see how the bearings and diffs feel, then pull the power module and check the teeth on the spur. It's like anything else that's used, it all depends on how they took care of it, cleaned it and greased it.

Alright thank you guys for your input, I appreciate it!

The seller is a city over and is offering to ship, I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger without checking it out first, as I'd suspect what @Davidm241 and @rcfin40 are saying is accurate. It'd probably need a whole teardown.

I'll decide if that is worth the price for me. Thanks again y'all have a a blessed day 🙏

Thats one way to do. I recently bougth a brand new 2x4 Vorteks Boost and took stock stuff off it and now it is waiting 4x4 boost upgrade kit and parts from JennysRC to make it BLX. But planning to use Hobbywing instead of Spektrum.

Anyways...

I would buy it, i think that it is worth of risk 😊

Tower hobbies has a boost for 199.. it's hard for me to buy used.. that's just me and it almost has to be in a brand new condition, especially if your not in person to actually thoroughly check it out, any pics
I agree with you, can be sketch buying used especially not knowing how it was cared for.

After driving my 3s Typhon blx for a few months I'm up to an 18t pinion and I just don't think the 2x4 boost with cut it for my needs, hell I've even considered 6s lately lol

I'll try to get some more information from him, see if he's maintained it at all. I just dropped $150 on a charger and batteries, maybe I could offer ~$130 shipped just the car? that sounds more attractive to me but we'll see

pics:

Screenshot_20230408-080242~2.png

Screenshot_20230408-080239.png

Screenshot_20230408-080236.png

Thats one way to do. I recently bougth a brand new 2x4 Vorteks Boost and took stock stuff off it and now it is waiting 4x4 boost upgrade kit and parts from JennysRC to make it BLX. But planning to use Hobbywing instead of Spektrum.

Anyways...

I would buy it, i think that it is worth of risk 😊
Nice! I've seen some good deals for the boost models, but thought it wouldn't be worth the upgrade path.

I'm curious what it cost you to make it a blx if you're comfortable sharing!

Nice! I've seen some good deals for the boost models, but thought it wouldn't be worth the upgrade path.

I'm curious what it cost you to make it a blx if your comfortable sharing!
If you source parts from JennyRC, I'll guess it'll be cheaper that it was for me. I live in Norway, so quite expensive 🫰.... Think I had around 300$ in upgrades (including battery and charger).....but here the 3s blx goes for 435$ new, and the mega brushed 4x4 for 100$ less. So....since it was my first hobbygrade RC I thought brushed would be nice to start with. Then I discovered Kevin T, and his Granite was faster than mine.... So... A week after the car was bought, it was time for brushless 😅🫣 💸💸

I agree with you, can be sketch buying used especially not knowing how it was cared for.

After driving my 3s Typhon blx for a few months I'm up to an 18t pinion and I just don't think the 2x4 boost with cut it for my needs, hell I've even considered 6s lately lol

I'll try to get some more information from him, see if he's maintained it at all. I just dropped $150 on a charger and batteries, maybe I could offer ~$130 shipped just the car? that sounds more attractive to me but we'll see

pics:

View attachment 291275

View attachment 291276

View attachment 291277

I'm curious what it cost you to make it a blx if you're comfortable sharing!
Why not, you should see my mega infraction!! But yes of course I only recommended it if your gonna upgrade it.. that's the only way to do it!! 🤣
It's looks pretty clapped out for $175!!

If you source parts from JennyRC, I'll guess it'll be cheaper that it was for me. I live in Norway, so quite expensive 🫰.... Think I had around 300$ in upgrades (including battery and charger).....but here the 3s blx goes for 435$ new, and the mega brushed 4x4 for 100$ less. So....since it was my first hobbygrade RC I thought brushed would be nice to start with. Then I discovered Kevin T, and his Granite was faster than mine.... So... A week after the car was bought, it was time for brushless 😅🫣 💸💸
can't blame you, the need for power just never stops 😂😂
Why not, you should see my mega infraction!! But yes of course I only recommended it if your gonna upgrade it.. that's the only way to do it!! 🤣
It's looks pretty clapped out for $175!!
What does your infraction look like?? now I'm curious 🤔

Yes, it is cheaper to get parts from JennysRC. As for my car i got spur/slipper clutch assembly, motor mount, aluminum hex kit and adjustable turnbuckle set. There might be some little difference still but most part those are major difference what i did notice when looking exploded views.
Those were 90.65 usd incl shipping. Of course we need to pay taxes for Europe but that does not matter, what matter is that shipment is reasonable priced from Jennys, huge shoutout to them! 👍❤️ Usually postages from US to Europe are heinously.

I think I had some import fee aswell, that one time I ordered from JennyRC, so all in all, it wasn't that much cheaper for me 😐
that's too bad, here in the U.S. Jenny's is a godsend for replacement parts

Update: got him to accept $140 shipped no charger or battery. Thoughts?

Hey all, happy Saturday!

I found a used granite 3s in my area that looks to be in good condition, comes with an electron pro 100w charger, 5200mah 3s, and a spare set of shocks. there's not a lot of info on the listing besides that but the photos look alright. I talked him down to $175, good deal or no? it's 50% or less total value, but I'm just not sure about not having warranty coverage. what are your guys thoughts on used rigs?
That's a really good deal. Got mine for $220. I actually looked at that one when I was looking for one. Back then It was $300 though.

Alright, he and I settled on $150 shipped for the car and charger. I'm going to return my htrc dual charger ($100), so I'm basically paying $50 for a slight charger downgrade and a used granite blx. not too bad!

Update: got him to accept $140 shipped no charger or battery. Thoughts?
I would buy😅 my granite is so much fun 😁 just back home after 30mins run, (testing new spur) and only thing that cracked, not snapped, was one front a-arm. And I must say, I really sent it today 😁✈️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back