Kraton Used Kraton need gearing/ set up suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triggerhappynme

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok I bought a used kraton. I have not run it and won't as it is a Christmas present to go along with the kids. Some specs:
Motor: t8 2250kv
Esc: monster x
Pinion: 21 tooth.(also sent a 15T)
Wheels: SMC terrain crushers
Batteries: dual 2s 5800mah or similar
Shocks: stock with tekno orange all around
Shock oil: 80wt front 60wt rear
Diffs 100k/500k/100k
Body: proline Silverado

Ok so I am planing to only run 4s
I am more worried about motor temps and usability of the 21T. I will watch motor temps etc but I am fairly new to rc vehicles and just wanted everyone's advice.
All input appreciated.
I can't wait till I can actually work on this thing.
I already ordered a castle link and an rpm wing mount. I was debating on a mt4 wheelie bar or maybe ordering one from the outlast when available.

Ok I bought a used kraton. I have not run it and won't as it is a Christmas present to go along with the kids. Some specs:
Motor: t8 2250kv
Esc: monster x
Pinion: 21 tooth.(also sent a 15T)
Wheels: SMC terrain crushers
Batteries: dual 2s 5800mah or similar
Shocks: stock with tekno orange all around
Shock oil: 80wt front 60wt rear
Diffs 100k/500k/100k
Body: proline Silverado

Ok so I am planing to only run 4s
I am more worried about motor temps and usability of the 21T. I will watch motor temps etc but I am fairly new to rc vehicles and just wanted everyone's advice.
All input appreciated.
I can't wait till I can actually work on this thing.
I already ordered a castle link and an rpm wing mount. I was debating on a mt4 wheelie bar or maybe ordering one from the outlast when available.

the big question is are your kids gonna drive and if so, how old are they? :)

No the kids won't be driving. they are getting some cheaper trucks and will work their way up. The kraton is just for me.

i never did 4s only 6s but personally 14t is more than enough for both nice speed and awesome bashing

ah well im using stock motor and esc so maybe thats different i don't know :) try the 15 first and see how it is

Obviously I would start out conservative but really what good is a 21 tooth anyways. With a higher kv motor and 4s I can't imagine it's worth much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back