SOLD / FOUND Used TP 4050 2100kv motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
I've ran this motor not even ten times, had issues with solder joints so it didn't run right for me. Motor is sold AS IS, motor wires have been cut shorter other than that like I said not even ran 10 times, twice on dirt otherwise has been ran on road. $85 shipped in US, PayPal for payment👍**So I've been made aware with the motor wires cut they are extremely hard to get soldered so make sure if you are interested it is something you are able to do as I don't want anyone upset that is not my intention in the least bit**
IMG_20210410_161347019_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20210410_161357625.jpg
IMG_20210410_161415426.jpg

Last edited:
I've ran this motor not even ten times, had issues with solder joints so it didn't run right for me. Motor is sold AS IS, motor wires have been cut shorter other than that like I said not even ran 10 times, twice on dirt otherwise has been ran on road. $85 shipped in US, PayPal for payment👍**So I've been made aware with the motor wires cut they are extremely hard to get soldered so make sure if you are interested it is something you are able to do as I don't want anyone upset that is not my intention in the least bit**View attachment 138744View attachment 138745View attachment 138746
Going to hold off for now as I don't want to have anyone upset as I said that is not my intention in the least bit. I've been given some direction on stripping the coating off the wires so they can be soldered correctly so I'm going to attempt to get that done and then may post for sale again. Thanks to all that gave me the heads up and direction for fixing the cut unsolderable wires!!

Huge thank you to @LibertyMKiii for the direction on fixing the motor wires and stripping the coating so they can be soldered right. I'm just going to keep it now as it's running right finally and in my Typhon which is now a screaming banshee buggy! If I ever get someone to race on my track they won't keep up at all🤣

Mines a screamer,outa my 4 tp motors its the most impressive of them all,4030,4040,4050,4060,all regular motors,bout time for a 4070 i guess.....my tp4050-2100kv has blown me away,power,rpm,size&weight,run a 130 mph pass an 125 degrees.imo they don't start waking up till 7&8s.then they scream a beautiful sound.

Ya it's the only motor I've ran 8s on and it was more than likely not good solder joints so it was not it's whole potential for sure and still did 125mph. Now it's back in my Typhon and it's an absolute screaming beast on the dirt! Thing rips so hard throws like 20+ ft roosts and I'd guess 60+mph no problem on the dirt 🤘 what 4060 do you have? I've got the 4060-cm 2080kv is what I'm running in the Lim so far 123mph on 6s

Ya it's the only motor I've ran 8s on and it was more than likely not good solder joints so it was not it's whole potential for sure and still did 125mph. Now it's back in my Typhon and it's an absolute screaming beast on the dirt! Thing rips so hard throws like 20+ ft roosts and I'd guess 60+mph no problem on the dirt 🤘 what 4060 do you have? I've got the 4060-cm 2080kv is what I'm running in the Lim so far 123mph on 6s
Its a regular 4060-1650kv delta..I'd like to run it with mmx8s,but I hear don't run deltas yet with cc escz🤷‍♂️
Its a regular 4060-1650kv delta..I'd like to run it with mmx8s,but I hear don't run deltas yet with cc escz🤷‍♂️
i had 4050 2100kv in mojove and on 8s it was insanity off road

I believe it's fine being under 2000kv. I'm not even sure what wind the 4060-cm is as it's not listed on the website but it's over the 2000kv and so far everything has been good.

They recently released a FW update to support D-wind and high KV motors

I thought so but I wasn't sure cause when I installed the B-link the app had an update so I updated the MMX8S. I'm not on Castle website enough to pay attention to them listing the update so hopefully I'm definitely all good now I'd hope👍

I believe it's fine being under 2000kv. I'm not even sure what wind the 4060-cm is as it's not listed on the website but it's over the 2000kv and so far everything has been good.
I think all cm are delta
I'll get into logging after work i amazing go to software. Mines like a month old,may already have it.thanks for heads up JD.

Last edited:
I think all cm are delta

I'll get into logging after work i amazing go to software. Mines like a month old,may already have it.thanks for heads up JD.
I don't know I think it's a toss up as a lot are not listed for what wind some are Y and some D so🤷

Thanks but I still can't find the 2060-cm it's not listed on there in the charts anywhere just the 4030 and 4260cm and those don't even list what wind🤷
I think they discontinued the 4060-CM. They just have remaining stock maybe? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think they discontinued the 4060-CM. They just have remaining stock maybe? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Of course I have to pick the one that's getting sh!t canned damn it! I'd try emailing to ask but I've sent think 5 emails from the TP 4050 issue to possible replacement can for the 4070 and not a single response back in over a month🙄

Wonder about those kill mode tp power motors...sold out everywhere...they say those are X-wind..however a X-WIND WORKS..🤷‍♂️I do now the 4050 2100kv is a 2Y ..

Wonder about those kill mode tp power motors...sold out everywhere...they say those are X-wind..however a X-WIND WORKS..🤷‍♂️I do now the 4050 2100kv is a 2Y ..
Ya I've got that one also and it is listed but ya nothing on the 4060-cm 2080kv as far as wind in the sale listing and not even listed on the charts at all🤷

Ya I've got that one also and it is listed but ya nothing on the 4060-cm 2080kv as far as wind in the sale listing and not even listed on the charts at all🤷
Your right it don't say,but every other cm motor says d

Screenshot_20210412-112236_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210412-112236_Chrome.jpg
Technically to get anywhere close to 78,000rpm on that motor you would need way more volts than 8s( 33.whatever volts) right???????

View attachment 139208

Technically to get anywhere close to 78,000rpm on that motor you would need way more volts than 8s( 33.whatever volts) right???????
There's actually a couple that are Y for the cm's so not all are D wind. Ya it would have to be 36v to get 75000 rpm. Pretty much 10s with some voltage sag. To me it just means it will run more efficiently and should handle all I throw at it👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back