Used Venom 3s 5000mah 50c or new Zeee 3s 7200mah 80c for Notorious v5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yazman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Sorry for all the "this vs that" questions, I'm a noob trying to thin out some of my stuff (keeping the best of course). All batteries are hard case and seem to be in good condition. The Venoms are second hand and a little grungy.

Which one would you go with for general bashing (I usually have throttle at 50 or 75)?

I appreciate all your guy's expertise!

IMG_20220117_123337677.jpg

Sorry for all the "this vs that" questions, I'm a noob trying to thin out some of my stuff (keeping the best of course). All batteries are hard case and seem to be in good condition. The Venoms are second hand and a little grungy.

Which one would you go with for general bashing (I usually have throttle at 50 or 75)?

I appreciate all your guy's expertise!

View attachment 193374

Run them all if the cells check out ok on the charger.., just be sure to charge them in a safe place just in case one of the older lipo's decides to start snap crackle popping..👍

Your run times will be lower on the lower mah rating batteries.. But they will all get it moving..✌️

LiPo batteries are one thing I'd never buy used, unless from a very trusted individual. Very easy to compromise their performance and safety if you don't know what you're doing and there's no way to tell what the previous owner may have done to them.

Therefore I'd go with the Zeees. I have 6 of their 3s 80C hard case 5200-6000mAh and they've been okay.

LiPo batteries are one thing I'd never buy used, unless from a very trusted individual. Very easy to compromise their performance and safety if you don't know what you're doing and there's no way to tell what the previous owner may have done to them.

Therefore I'd go with the Zeees. I have 6 of their 3s 80C hard case 5200-6000mAh and they've been okay.
I agree; I got the Venom ones free on a package deal, and the guy said he hadn't run his car in like a year. So I was wondering whether they had been treated well or not.

I may stick with the Zeee simply for the reason that they have higher capacity and they are ec5 whereas the Venom are xt60 and I need an adapter piece. Guys at Hobby shops keep telling me my venoms were way better than the smart batteries I was looking at. I was just wondering how to Zeee stacked up to Venom, that sounds like brand new they are probably similar but since I know are used I should probably stick with the Zee.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back