Useful Arrma Related 3D Print Stuff I've Uploaded to Thingiverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming soon later this week:. Arrma 4x4 complete center drive line tunnel that pairs perfectly with an updated design of the bell crank cover I just published.

Main tunnel cover is a single piece construction that replaces the center spine block so you run the battery strap through it and then slide the block in and the tunnel will slide over the center driveshaft, then it secures in place with the stock M4 screw from beneath the chassis. In addition there will be optional plates of two different sizes that can be chosen based on users needs that install into the center spine hexes to close the exposed portion on the other side between the motor and the receiver box. For the plates the user decides which size(es) of plates to use to close the gap which will vary based on motor size and chassis length.

Currently working out the small variances of the LWB chassis version to account for the center drive line bearing retainer but the SWB version is pretty much good to go. I'll publish once I am happy with both wheelbase versions and package it together with the bell crank cover so it's a complete set of enclosures for all moving parts in the chassis.

20201117_143128_copy_1158x1158.jpg

20201117_143040_copy_1158x1158.jpg

Last edited:
You do some great work in TinkerCAD!
I took a class in Solidworks, got certified, and never went back. The parametric modeling is definitely the way to go for me. Makes slight tweaks much easier. Fusion360 is also pretty damn good too. It is a much better transition from TinkerCAD since they are both AutoDesk products. The only thing that stinks about Fusion, for me, is the export to .stl since it takes forever due to "translating in the cloud".

Yeah I need to actually make time to learn either solidworks or fusion 360 lol I'm quickly running out of what I can design with tinkercad that's for sure.

Great Idea - the integrated design . I use the already available drive train cover for the lwb but with the screws its pita to work on and i got clearance problems with big packs and my custom battery tray.

I've updated the 1st post (and post title to be more descriptive) and my previous post about the steering crank cover. The steering crank cover is now included as part of a set along with a center driveline cover. Link re-posted below along with picture.

Arrma 4x4 Driveshaft & Steering Crank Cover Set:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4654772
This cover set is designed to keep larger rocks/debris that fall in from the top and get caught in the center driveshaft or steering crank for Arrma 4x4 vehicles (Mega/3s/4s) with two options to pick from to accommodate both the short wheel base (SWB) and long wheel base (LWB) chassis.

InShot_20201119_150556886_copy_1280x960.jpg

Last edited:
I printed the lwb driveshaft cover and steering crank cover. These fit great on my lwb Granite.

328188EE-17D0-479B-9E17-12E0A35E9CF4.jpeg

I’m also going to print out the esc mount as mine keeps coming loose. I have been using hot glue to hold mine down. I was hoping it would fit next to the motor but no.

Would this work with the Typhon 3s? Seems like a sweet setup to stop my driveshaft turning itself into lathe with rocks.

Would this work with the Typhon 3s? Seems like a sweet setup to stop my driveshaft turning itself into lathe with rocks.
Yeah it will fit, just be sure to print the LWB version of the shaft cover.

Wow that’s a lot of cool stuff. I don’t jack about 3D printing(yet) could u point me in the right direction of entry level printer capable of doing some of the work u listed. Thanks ????

Wow that’s a lot of cool stuff. I don’t jack about 3D printing(yet) could u point me in the right direction of entry level printer capable of doing some of the work u listed. Thanks ????
Ender 3 V2 is one of the best bang for your buck out of the box printers you can get right now. My printer is the previous generation ender 3 pro so the V2 is the next generation version and has with many of the better upgrades I've done already included such as glass bed and silent motor drivers. It comes mostly assembled and the ender series printers have a ton of community support behind them.

Incredible builds! I saw in a different thread that you made some Granite Voltage parts as well. Combined ESC/motor fan mount. Spur gears.

Have you uploaded those somewhere?

Hello there,

This is some fantastic work! I ordered a driveshaft cover for the SWB Granite, through MakeXYZ. I mainly wanted to protect the wires of my LED kit from getting chewed up by the shaft. I had them print it on PETG. It was a perfect fit, but I ended up breaking it on my first run. I wasn't bashing real hard, but I was doing some jumps and backflips in the backyard. It seems the PETG might not have been the best material for this application. I'd like to get another one. What material would ya'll recommend for the next print?

Thank you in advance!

Hello there,

This is some fantastic work! I ordered a driveshaft cover for the SWB Granite, through MakeXYZ. I mainly wanted to protect the wires of my LED kit from getting chewed up by the shaft. I had them print it on PETG. It was a perfect fit, but I ended up breaking it on my first run. I wasn't bashing real hard, but I was doing some jumps and backflips in the backyard. It seems the PETG might not have been the best material for this application. I'd like to get another one. What material would ya'll recommend for the next print?

Thank you in advance!
I’m assuming PLA, some others should chime in.

Hello there,

Thank you in advance!
PETG is rather brittle IMO. PLA or a nylon based filament might be good.

Not TPU to account for chassis flex?
TPU would be nice, but I worry that the power module block holder wouldn’t be stiff enough. Might let the power module move a little.

Back