Infraction Useless add on part....anyone tried them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesy67

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So I am loving the crap out of my new Infraction and am looking for ways to dress it up and make it mine. I was wondering if anyone has added on "brake rotors" like the ones in this pic? I really like them but am unsure of how they will mount and look.
Cheers

MAI10_6_DISK-3_71de4d29-8524-4013-a96f-b40cc79008ba_grande.jpg

I'm sure it will look nice on the shelf. (y)
At least Traxxas went all the way with a Brake Caliper and Rotor together. That would be a correct scale detail. ?‍♂️
(TRX UDR and 4-Tec chassis have them) Many serious Traxxas guys remove them and use plain Alloy Hexes.
Traxxas just uses cheap plastic hexes molded to resemble Rotors. With a faux Brake caliper screwed to the hub.
I never seen a brake rotor alone without a brake caliper able to stop any scale car or truck. ?‍♂️ That would be a neat trick.
And Traxxas doesn't put them on the XO-1. They consider that rig an Expert class car.
I think The Infr. is in the same league. I would not put them on my Lim and Infr.
Functionally, I think it is a bust. (n)
But hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.(y)
Edit:
I am not into slamming every single alloy bling upgrade I can find for my rigs. No matter how big ones wallet is. Functionally that tends to go against you. Weight wise and all. But if you are looking for a shelf queen and money is no object, the wow factor may be more important to you. I have a few friends like that. One with an Infr. he has for over a year now and he is afraid to scratch the chassis. I cant get him to bash it with me. It sits on his shelf. He even got the Chassis protector now and is afraid to scratch that also. Asked me to install YR dual motor fans etc. He wont run it. So I don't know why he even needs fans. I am not making this up. Just playing devils advocate here.
:cool:

Last edited:
It's a mod I have wanted to see on the Infraction or Felony.... I like to see some full picture shots. Those look good on the 1/10 scale rigs like my Vaterra, Kyosho, HPI on-road cars so never seen it on 1/7 scale...

I'm sure it will look nice on the shelf. (y)
At least Traxxas went all the way with a Brake Caliper and Rotor together. That would be a correct scale detail. ?‍♂️
(TRX UDR and 4-Tec chassis have them) Many serious Traxxas guys remove them and use plain Alloy Hexes.
Traxxas just uses cheap plastic hexes molded to resemble Rotors. With a faux Brake caliper screwed to the hub.
I never seen a brake rotor alone without a brake caliper able to stop any scale car or truck. ?‍♂️ That would be a neat trick.
And Traxxas doesn't put them on the XO-1. They consider that rig an Expert class car.
I think The Infr. is in the same league. I would not put them on my Lim and Infr.
Functionally, I think it is a bust. (n)
But hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.(y)
Edit:
I am not into slamming every single alloy bling upgrade I can find for my rigs. No matter how big ones wallet is. Functionally that tends to go against you. Weight wise and all. But if you are looking for a shelf queen and money is no object, the wow factor may be more important to you. I have a few friends like that. One with an Infr. he has for over a year now and he is afraid to scratch the chassis. I cant get him to bash it with me. It sits on his shelf. He even got the Chassis protector now and is afraid to scratch that also. Asked me to install YR dual motor fans etc. He wont run it. So I don't know why he even needs fans. I am not making this up. Just playing devils advocate here.
:cool:
When I watched some videos before I got my truck, I saw all sorts of “alloy bling” that I thought hell ya that’s going on my truck. A nice metal front splitter/bumper with bars on it caught my eye on eBay. When the truck came home and I drove it around for the first time I bumped a curb. This did nothing but a tiny nick in the plastic splitter. Metal doesn’t bend like plastic and I didn’t want to waste the money for something that could be easily damaged with not very much force. I also watched people replace the plastic F/R supports for aluminum. Again at first I thought yeah but now it will be something replaced out of necessity. I did however plasti dip the outside of my truck in black and am looking at ways to add some silver or red to it, to make it pop.

The body is always an area to make it all your own. And always reinforce it . PlastiDip is used by al lot of guys.
There are absolutely key parts that should be replaced with Alloy, don't get me wrong. But they are far and few compared to what is available.
If yu looked at GPM parts catalogue, you could do the whole rig in alloy. I think its absurd.. But guys do it. Then they realized their $650. Arrma is now $2k worth and they are afraid to scratch anything so they don't run it much. And Carnage will cost a fortune to fix.
These rigs are meant to drive hard and enjoy. Replace what is absolutely needed or gets broken. Replace with stock plastic mostly. You are better off.:cool:

Best aluminum bling is the colored closed end wheel nuts, visible with and without the body on the chassis plus it keeps dirt out of your wheel hex's

Would love to have colored A-Arms, again visible with and without the body on but they weigh more than the plastic and an easy piece to break but the car sure would look good :)

Last edited:
Best aluminum bling is the colored closed end wheel nuts, visible with and without the body on the chassis plus it keeps dirt out of your wheel hex's

Would love to have colored A-Arms, again visible with and without the body on but they weigh more than the plastic and an easy piece to break but the car sure would look good :)))
Closed and nicely serrated wheel nuts are very functional, absolutely. Don't cheap out on them though. HR actually makes the better ones and fit Arrma 6s wheels best IMHO. They have the correct depth, deep serrations and wont bottom out on the hex threads when securing the wheels. I tried some other cheaper brands. Some of the cheaper nuts are so poorly machined.

@Willl , Sure the bling Arms look nice. But that is the last part you want in alloy. If they themselves don't get tweaked, bent or twisted, you will be bending and breaking arm pins, the pin retainers, hubs, bearings and $much$ else.
The Plastic arms need to flex for they way these rigs are designed to be driven. If you are a fair weather driver maybe you will be the lucky few? Some guys use them.
Hey, at least the arms wont crack in sub zero temperatures. But all else will.:LOL:

No one can fault you for trying them out for yourself. But I would be walking on eggshells using them. Just me. ?‍♂️
Form over function doesn't necessarily work.

Last edited:
So I am loving the crap out of my new Infraction and am looking for ways to dress it up and make it mine. I was wondering if anyone has added on "brake rotors" like the ones in this pic? I really like them but am unsure of how they will mount and look.
Cheers

View attachment 113031
I have them, they are nice. They also add + 6mm wider stance either side and have notches on the disc surface that support the back of the hoons rim.

only downside I have noticed is that they stop grp rims pushing fully on the hex. I’m going to try drilling out the back of the grp rims to see if they fully fit later.

I have them, they are nice. They also add + 6mm wider stance either side and have notches on the disc surface that support the back of the hoons rim.

only downside I have noticed is that they stop grp rims pushing fully on the hex. I’m going to try drilling out the back of the grp rims to see if they fully fit later.
It didn't matter to you that there is no caliper? I think i will grab silver ones when the are back in stock.

Just for fun, I work for a heavy truck dealership and yesterday we were doing some house cleaning. I saw a display for Ali Arc Bumpers and attached to the front was this replica moose bumper. I had to bring it home and see what it would look like on my truck. I know, weight, it's not made for it and all the other things, just look at it. My wife and buddy thought maybe with a little bit of modding.

20201209_183340.jpg

Back