Talion Using 2 2s LiPo on Armma talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct me if I’m wrong but In the instruction manual it says not to use battery’s under either 35c or 30c check the instruction manual and if the required C rating is less than 30C then you should be good. Everything else seems fine but check the manual. I believe it’s towards the front where it says that. Or just google it.

Arrma recommends 5000mah 35c - which equals available amps of 175A. (5ah*35c=175a)

Your 4000mah 30c batteries can only feed 120A (4ah*30c=120a) to the motor. Good chance you will cook your batteries.
How does that math really work?

I ask, because I have SMC 2S packs, 7400mah listed as 90C on SMC's site. They state they are rated at 150A. If I used that math: 7.4 * 90 = 666

Or, if I reverse that, SMC says 149A (150 for math'n): 150/7.4=20.27C

How do they state 90C? I know for a fact my 7400's seem to hold up well to abuse in my savage flux, erbe, stampede 4x4 and e-jato. I get good run times and the packs only get slightly warm after hard runs for 25+ minutes (shorter/longer depending on the vehicle)

EDIT:
Just finished reading SMC's rating page. Now my head hurts.

Last edited:
Running the wrong c rating batteries does this to your $500 car......
20170405_152123.jpg

3s 30c 5000mah, ran awesome for about 5 minutes, then poof the flames were flowing.
What brand? I have a couple NIB traxxas 3S 5000mah packs that I'll likely never use. I think they are 25C. No idea how they thing 25C is enough for a brushless revo... My 60C packs come off that truck warm.

What brand? I have a couple NIB traxxas 3S 5000mah packs that I'll likely never use. I think they are 25C. No idea how they thing 25C is enough for a brushless revo... My 60C packs come off that truck warm.
Can't remember what brand they were, that was about a year ago. I just know that I won't run anything less than a 50c in my kraton or senton from now on. I run gensacearespammers 2s and 3s both 50c and 5000mah and they work great. Sometimes they get warm but its usually from full trigger runs.

Not sure if you bougt them already.

Whats the burst rate?
Because some will say 30 constant w a 40 to 50 burst rate and that should put you in the clear.

Certain batteries w low C rating can handle power demands better than ones w higher constant/burst ones.

Regardless of battery, I always drive the truck w/o the body and start w quick passes and bring it back, touch battery, cables, connectors, motor, esc, and off again. And I am surprised, sometimes, that such and such lower rating cannot be used, but when putting it under stress its fine, barely warm. If its hot, and all electronics are the same way, no matter if its 30 or 80c , then it will more than likely catch fire. Note, taking all other variables are ok, no binding, good plugs, diffs ok, tires not wobbly, no bent cvds/shafts, no bad bearings etc.

Same is for rc airplanes, some batteries by the numbers I should not use, but they respond very well, and other ones are above the recommended, and heat easily if at wot for too much time. Give it a go, keep pushing and pushing on the throttle w more aggressive driving until you start feeling the batts are borderline getting hot, then you know its limits. The terrain conditions will add have a direct impact on your tests, muddier heavy terrain will make them considerably hotter.

I have 12 of them now, I have 8 of the 2s 50c 5000mah and 4 of the 3s 50c 5000mah, all with a 100c burst rating. They work great and for the most part hardly get warm at all unless I'm on the trigger hard for long periods, then they get warm but not hot, warm like a cup of coffee that has been sitting for about 20 minutes. I check my temps when I'm bashing hard so I know how hard I'm pushing it, the most any of my batteries has gotten is around 90 - 94 farenheit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back