Kraton Using bind slot for ESC fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 23131145_10155165977142169_104638640_o.jpg
    23131145_10155165977142169_104638640_o.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
You can plug in your fan to any open slot on the receiver. I have mine plugged in to the channel 3 slot and my glitch buster into the bind slot.

I did the same thing as sully. I bought the Yeah Racing dual fan a couple weeks ago and recently bought a y-connector and installed the fans on motor. Plugged them into slot 3 and zip tied the excess wirng since the y-connector was rather long. I was thinking up cutting and shortening the wires and soldering them together but went with the easier solution. Great fan combo, motor temps were getting around 180f without fans and now they are around 150ish...

I had originally got the Yeah Racing fans for my erevo brushless and liked them so much that when i got my Kraton i got them for it too. Best fan/heatsink combo imho.

f0omJxG.jpg

What pinion are you running? I’m using the 14t and temps are around 120 running on pavement and grass so I have room to play with some bigger pinions.

What pinion are you running? I’m using the 14t and temps are around 120 running on pavement and grass so I have room to play with some bigger pinions.
See thats what i don't get, im running a 13t tekno pinion and running on pavement. I don't get why my temps are so high. I was running a full 9200mah 6s threw the Kraton on pavement and i got the motor temp up to 190f. So thats why i put the fans on it. I wanna go bigger on the pinion but temps are already pretty high.

The motor has low fins that stick out so just adding any heatsink doesn't necessarily amount to much in cooling terms.
I used a heavily modified/stripped down Turnigy heatsink (orig. for 36 motors) which now sits neatly between the fins and provides more direct airflow with a beefy 40mm fan. In a dust shroud both ESC and motor (13t) stay under 60 degrees (140F) BUT ambient temp is a major factor and it is getting below freezing here.

I wonder if adding thermal tape under the heatsink would help, I have some left over thermal paste from building my pc but that would probably be messy. Temps in Iowa are getting into the 40's now so that helped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back