Using Castle Creations B-Link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyFromCanada

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
So I was super excited to find an iPhone 5S for $50 that I could use for the Castle Creations B-Link hardware...it works just fine, but the B-Link that I bought seems to lack documentation and information on how to make it work properly.

I can see the ESC just fine, and connect. However, after I connect it says to turn off the ESC and turn it back on. That's where I get stuck...how to turn off the ESC without turning off the B-Link? I must be missing something.

I'll try connecting with my USB link and see if things work there. I'm quite disappointed with the process so far.

Ideas? I did find @WoodiE brief discussion here:

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/castle-b-link-bluetooth-adapter.114634/

I made some progress tonight, so I'm pretty happy about that. I connected the ESC to the USB link and successfully made some changes, downloaded the data log, etc. After that, I plugged the B-Link back in, and it magically started working. The App is quite good, has all the features of the PC based app, and only requires you to cycle the power on the ESC to send new settings.

Can't wait till they have it on Android!

That's great that you got it figured out. I have just always used the Castle Link and my laptop and haven't used any other method to change settings. I'm an Android guy as well and would have to wait for an Android app before I could use it.

The reason you had issues in step one was due to not having your email confirmed for the Castle account. It wasn’t magic ?

I just had the same issue as the OP and realized it was being held up because I didn’t previously have a Castle account setup. All of the online videos showing how to setup the iOS app lacked that step too.

I do have a question for those more familiar with the Castle Link for iOS, is there not a way to change the BEC voltage in the app? I was able to see more setting via USB and my Windows PC.

Help tried changing settings now b link locked up and ESC beeping no stop

Help tried changing settings now b link locked up and ESC beeping no stop
Same thing happened to me after making a few motor changes. It was brand new I only ran the motor and sidewinder 4 esc for maybe 20 minutes. I tried to change the power to 80 percent and as the b link was sending the info it lost signal or had interfere of some kind and locked up the esc. I tried everything I could think of to fix it. Tried to find info online about this issue with no results. I called castle and the tech guy told me they see this issue once a week at most and its rare. After trying to fix the issue over the phone with him he finally said okay its not working I'm going to send you a new one and also the USB adapter that way you can plug directly into a computer. He also said that the blue tooth adapter I was using should be fine to use in the future and the likelihood that issue happens again is very slim but I'm kind of skeptical after my experience. Did you ever fix yours??

I know this is an old thread but thought I would drop this in for others looking around. I used the B-link Bluetooth adapter and bricked the ESC. I sent it in to Castle and they got it back working. They told me a few pointers and this is what i took from it:

1. That if i had a USB adapter it would allow me to fix it myself in future using a special process.
2. The Bluetooth adapter is only reliable for checking stuff in the field and not reliable enough for programming it. That I should use the USB adapter whenever possible.

I made some progress tonight, so I'm pretty happy about that. I connected the ESC to the USB link and successfully made some changes, downloaded the data log, etc. After that, I plugged the B-Link back in, and it magically started working. The App is quite good, has all the features of the PC based app, and only requires you to cycle the power on the ESC to send new settings.

Can't wait till they have it on Android!
That’s great news. I’m about to travel down the Castle road for the first time and have a lot to learn. I’m surprised to hear you say the iOS ap has all the functionality of the PC software. I was told it did not have the same features, specifically in its inability to read/download logs.

That’s great news. I’m about to travel down the Castle road for the first time and have a lot to learn. I’m surprised to hear you say the iOS ap has all the functionality of the PC software. I was told it did not have the same features, specifically in its inability to read/download logs.
From what I've seen of the app, I'd say it's worth getting a USB interface, even if only for reading logs. I went with the field programming card as it's dual purpose. Am I old school? God damned right I am. I'm all about desktop PCs and network cable. Part of me is inclined to get a rotary cell phone.
1668355386273.png

From what I've seen of the app, I'd say it's worth getting a USB interface, even if only for reading logs. I went with the field programming card as it's dual purpose. Am I old school? God damned right I am. I'm all about desktop PCs and network cable. Part of me is inclined to get a rotary cell phone.
View attachment 256069
You get youtube on that thing?😆

View attachment 256069
When out on the bash, I also find programming cards to be a must. I’ll have to get one for the XLX2, I have them for all my other ESC’s.

When out on the bash, I also find programming cards to be a must. I’ll have to get one for the XLX2, I have them for all my other ESC’s.
Yeah man. As it doubles as a USB interface it's a no-brainer twofer imho. What sucks about being in Germany (well one of the things) is, while you get a coopin for a free USB connector from Castle when purchasing an ESC, it costs the same in shipping as it does to just buy it outright from a German hobby shop. :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back