USPS arriving late

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
For the second time in 2 weeks, I am getting humped by the USPS. First my Voltage Hobbies order showed up 2 days later than originally expected. Now my M2C chassis is making a trip around the country before it makes it to me. I got the shipping notice on 4/20. Today is the 26th and my chassis was last seen in Illinois early this morning. It shipped from SC and I'm due north in CT. To make matters worse, shipping was a ridiculous $18.40. M2C could have sent it UPS for the same amount and it would be here by now. I'm really pissed off.
Screenshot_20190426-082234.png

For the second time in 2 weeks, I am getting humped by the USPS. First my Voltage Hobbies order showed up 2 days later than originally expected. Now my M2C chassis is making a trip around the country before it makes it to me. I got the shipping notice on 4/20. Today is the 26th and my chassis was last seen in Illinois early this morning. It shipped from SC and I'm due north in CT. To make matters worse, shipping was a ridiculous $18.40. M2C could have sent it UPS for the same amount and it would be here by now. I'm really pissed off.

Yeah seems I’ve been having the same issue, but it was weird mine from voltage had the last update showing I believe in Illinois as well but it showed up on my door without any other updates to the tracking. And yet everything I’ve ordered from amazon has came in a timely manner like normal so idk what’s going on.

Yup that sucks and sounds about right. Snailmail!
I can drive to New Jersey in about an hour meanwhile my package from jennysrc travels the east coast to get to me 3 days later.
NJ to PA to MA to CT... Wtf?

Yup that sucks and sounds about right. Snailmail!
I can drive to New Jersey in about an hour meanwhile my package from jennysrc travels the east coast to get to me 3 days later.
NJ to PA to MA to CT... Wtf?
View attachment 36509
My stuff almost always goes to the Springfield MA center and then to Waterbury. Then it comes to New Milford. I'm not sure why this went west first. Makes no sense.

I hate USPS. I only get items on schedule with USPS if it was ordered through Amazon. Otherwise it's a crap shoot.

My stuff almost always goes to the Springfield MA center and then to Waterbury. Then it comes to New Milford. I'm not sure why this went west first. Makes no sense.
Same here, no clue why it went to PA.
And I've never seen it go that direction before so maybe they got rid of a distribution center or employees like every company does now a days to save on costs. And then they just dump the work load on a guy who's already overworked and underpaid. Meanwhile I'm more impressed with Amazon as some of my orders come in hours!!

For me, the worst is FedEx Home Delivery. I had a Ryder van pull up last week. Some sketchy looking dude gets out, goes to the back of the van and walks out with a package. He then turns around and goes back to the back of the van and disappears for a good 5 minutes. I'm just watching out my window. Then another guy gets out and goes to the back of the van. At this point I go out.

"You got something for me?"
"Yeah. You know what it is?"
"Not really. I get a lot of stuff."
"Do you know who it is coming from?"
"No. You don't? You know you have a package and nowhere in your little computer does it tell you who shipped it?"
"No."
"Don't you have a tracking number?"
"Yes. That I have."
"Then just look that up. You want to give me the number and have me do it?"
"Uhhhh. No. It probably just fell somewhere back here. You aren't expecting anything?"
"If it's anything it's RC parts. For a remote control truck. Box wouldn't be big."
"Uh. Ok. I'm going to deliver the rest of my stuff and I'll come back after."
"Whatever."

This was at 430 in the afternoon. They come back at 845 pm and hand me the package.

I checked on a another package sent from HH that showed delivered to my doorstep on Tuesday. Nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere. I emailed HH and they said to contact FedEx. I did and opened a claim. Yesterday I took a walk and saw two packages on my not-so-close neighbor's doorstep. I walk up to ring the bell and I see my name on both packages. One was the HH order and the other was something I ordered from Tower. What a bunch of useless dopes. I grab them and go home.

My regular FedEx and UPS guys are great. So is my mail person. But FedEx home delivery are a bunch of halfwits.

Well it is run by the government so what else would you expect. I ordered parts days apart from each other from the same site and the second order made it to the first then they sat and both came at the same time. No one at the usps gives a hoot about your packages. I feel your pain.

I can't complain a whole lot about late USPS deliveries. I have gotten quite a few $5 vouchers from Ebay because of USPS not making my guaranteed delivery date even if it's a day late. In the end I always get my packages. But yeah frustrating while watching tracking head in the opposite direction or sit at the post office or somewhere along the long the line get rerouted. You can get excited while watching tracking (on it's way almost here) but also frustrated sometimes leaving you shaking your head (your package will be arriving later than expected).

For me, the worst is FedEx Home Delivery.......
UPS guys are great. But FedEx home delivery are a bunch of halfwits.
I couldn't agree more Ed.... But i'm a little bias ... ?.... Just a little.

For the most part , I have had good fast service from USPS , but it took over a week for my Kraton to arrive. It was shipped from Minneapolis to Grand Portage , a 4 hr drive north. Can't remember all the stops it made , but one was in Indiana . For me, FEDEX and UPS are no faster.

Try living in the UK and ordering from the US.
I’ve had parcels ship from the US to Germany then go on a European Tour for a couple of days before getting to me!

Had problems with USPS deliveries in the past and nothing has changed. My Voltage delivery was scheduled for last Friday, then changed to Saturday. Mail lady came Saturday and nothing. As of now no more updates so hoping tomorrow and hopefully not lost. Funny thing is last Voltage delivery a week or so ago was on time.

Had problems with USPS deliveries in the past and nothing has changed. My Voltage delivery was scheduled for last Friday, then changed to Saturday. Mail lady came Saturday and nothing. As of now no more updates so hoping tomorrow and hopefully not lost. Funny thing is last Voltage delivery a week or so ago was on time.

Interesting we're both in the same boat down to the day. I keep getting the generic "in transit to next facility" messages from USPS but those are automated so who knows. It's the last bit of parts before I can start building my Talion from the chassis up

Interesting we're both in the same boat down to the day. I keep getting the generic "in transit to next facility" messages from USPS but those are automated so who knows. It's the last bit of parts before I can start building my Talion from the chassis up
Yep, I'm getting the generic in transit messege. Think they could update you where your package is actually at. Last update package was still in California where it originated.

I have good luck with USPS surprisingly. Idk why but whenever I order something and it get shipped via UPS or Fedex it goes halfway across the country in the wrong direction. UPS takes a week to go from Chicago Illinois to Rapid City SD, it is a 13 hour drive.

Example A Fedex. In what way does this make any sense?
Fedex.jpg

I have good luck with USPS surprisingly. Idk why but whenever I order something and it get shipped via UPS or Fedex it goes halfway across the country in the wrong direction. UPS takes a week to go from Chicago Illinois to Rapid City SD, it is a 13 hour drive.

View attachment 36769
I keep forgetting you live in the middle of nowhere! I loved the HBO series Deadwood. Do you ever go prospecting? ?

I keep forgetting you live in the middle of nowhere! I loved the HBO series Deadwood. Do you ever go prospecting? ?

Most things I order that are shipped via USPS will be at my place in 3-4 days tops from anywhere in the country. Dollar Hobbyz and Saint Louis Rc are usually 2 days.

I never watched Deadwood lol, I remembered when that first came out it was such a huge deal, they had a private screening of the first episode at one of the hotels when the series premiered.
Not really prospecting, but one of my friends and I go looking for old farmsteads and the mining camps and try to find cool old stuff. The last time I was out I found an old glass Hilex bleach bottle and he found some old rifle casings and some buttons. He has a metal detector so he can find some of the cooler stuff.

View attachment 36769
I'm in the same boat as you for the most part. USPS is actually my favored delivery service followed by FedEx and the UPS. But for the most part for me they all pretty good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back