Usps shipping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sooooo tired of everything being blamed on COVID. In probably 80% of the jobs I've had, we've always been short staffed. That just kind of goes with the territory when you work in IT in the midwest. We've always just had to figure out how to make it work. My father-in-law manages a Metal Fabrication company in town and they can never retain enough help...they have to make it work. I understand that understaffing is a real thing and that COVID has made it worse, but it's also not new...it's time for companies to get it together and figure it out. My wife and I went to a dinner the other day...she asked for ketchup and was told they didn't have any because of "supply chain issues" due to COVID. We went grocery shopping afterwards and they had probably 100 bottles of ketchup on the shelves...now, I might be stepping out on a limb here but it seems to me if your restaurant can't order ketchup from your normal supplier, MAYBE YOU CAN JUST GO THE FREAKING GROCERY STORE AND BUY SOME?! COVID is becoming the new excuse for "someone didn't do their job."
Depends on the restaurant but they may not have the ability to buy outside their approved supply chain. Also they may not have an approved payment process or a petty cash allowance. If it’s a chain, stuff like that is locked down tightly. If it’s a mom and pop style place, then it would be much easier for them to run to a store for supplies.

Depends on the restaurant but they may not have the ability to buy outside their approved supply chain. Also they may not have an approved payment process or a petty cash allowance. If it’s a chain, stuff like that is locked down tightly. If it’s a mom and pop style place, then it would be much easier for them to run to a store for supplies.
So true, I'm a parts buyer in a supermarket chain distribution center. Only approved to buy from certain vendors. Hands are tied so often, it's frustrating for sure as I often find exactly what we need but can't purchase without going through the chain of command which is such a process.
Fingers crossed for you brother 🤞

This one wasn't a nationwide chain, but it is a local chain. I don't know their purchasing processes, but it really shouldn't matter. Big chain or not, if you're truly unable to obtain normal ingredients that nobody else seems to be having issues acquiring, you adapt and figure it out, whether you send restaurant employees to the grocery store or order from Amazon. Also, being that no other restaurant that we've been to in the last year has been unable to obtain Ketchup, it's not hard to deduce that it was a load of BS. At the end of the day it still boils down to someone not doing their job properly, maybe that person is just higher up the ladder. I can accept if they said "we miscounted our inventory and didn't order ketchup." But, I don't like being lied to, and COVID is just the new trending scapegoat.

Finally

Screenshot_20211218-131402_Chrome.jpg

Not USPS for once but damn come on FedEx!! This is my Mojave EXB body and set of tires from Jenny's I need to complete the build. What is really irritating is they shipped it from closer to me in Stockton to further away down to Tracy 🤦
Screenshot_20211222-115954_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-115929_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-115919_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-115911_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-115855_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-115844_Chrome.jpg

Not USPS for once but damn come on FedEx!! This is my Mojave EXB body and set of tires from Jenny's I need to complete the build. What is really irritating is they shipped it from closer to me in Stockton to further away down to Tracy 🤦View attachment 187891View attachment 187890View attachment 187889View attachment 187888View attachment 187887View attachment 187886
Wow!!!! I ordered Saturday from FedEx. Ended up getting it last night. I guess these services are messed up and overwhelmed 😕 hopefully it comes soon!

20211221_182120.jpg

Screenshot_20211222-145850_Outlook.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back