USPS/UPS/Fedex and your experiences.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
I have a love/hate relationship with the USPS. Most things I buy on eBay ship via USPS and no matter where it comes from it is usually here within 3 days.

But our postal delivery person is straight up dumb. I constantly get other people's mail, like for different addresses. I seriously get mail for this gal that lives a mile south of me from DSS, Youth and Family Services, the IRS all of the time, I even got a package from some prison someplace once for this same lady, I've never actually met her but I leave her mail and stuff inside her screen door if it fits. They constantly stick packages in the mailbox that do not fit out the door in the front. I'm still convinced they lost my working man rc stickers that @MacsCDP made, he's a great dude btw he sent me out another set plus tossed in an assortment of random stickers to make up for the USPS mistake (y)(y).

And that brings us to today. I ordered some rc parts from Horizon and they like to stick their parts in a box, well the USPS puts larger sized boxes in the parcel lockers because they don't fit in the mailboxes and they are too lazy to drive to our actual house, but anyway the tracking for the package said delivered in parcel locker. I check the mail and there is no key.....?

Fedex is okay sometimes if they could figure out how to use a map that is.
This is the route the last package I ordered that was delivered by Fedex took. This is normal for them.
Fedex.jpg

UPS. Idk where to even start with UPS, only shipping company that can manage to have a package go from China to my front door in 2 days, but also have a package take 2 weeks to come from Champaign Illinois ?‍♂️.

Earlier this week, I actually just had a new Hex set from Jenny's get lost because of USPS incompetence. Showed delivered but wasn't. Ted, from Jenny's was super cool and resent me another set at no cost. I notice the package routes always seem to pass us up and then come back... :facepalm:

Been waiting on a package for 2 weeks sitting 30 miles away from me for a week and a half. Just sitting there. Not moving at all
Next thing you know it will be on your door step.
That’s what happened to me

I actually have a nice thing to say about USPS. I bought a ds3225 servo from Amazon recently and tracking said delivered but I never got it. Filled out a lost package form on their website. Got a call next day from the local USPS distribution hub and he said he confirmed it was delivered to the wrong address and the carrier who was on shift that day was on his way to try and recover it and 45 mins later I got it.

The guy said that when they scan a package when it's delivered it records the GPS location of the scanner and so they can easily tell where the package was last left and that's how he knew it was misdelivered. I thought I would have to go through a ton of trouble to convince them I never got it but it actually was really simple. He called me the next day to confirm that I finally got it, too.

That awesome actually didn't know that.
Screenshot_20200411-213129_eBay.jpg
I am just outside of Detroit. No reason for it to go to Jackson. Nothing I have ever ordered has gone there. I put in a claim 3 days ago and haven't heard anything yet.

That awesome actually didn't know that.
View attachment 74366I am just outside of Detroit. No reason for it to go to Jackson. Nothing I have ever ordered has gone there. I put in a claim 3 days ago and haven't heard anything yet.
Shania Twain said it best “that don’t impress me much”

FedEx says hold my beer. This is over almost 3 months late and I’m still getting d!cked around. Everyone points the finger at USPS and them mofos won’t help.

5961B03F-9FA7-445C-9ACF-F11220FB62A3.jpeg

I’ve been dealing with USPS for a few decades now. They make mistakes every once in awhile but they’re no better than any other delivery service, they all make mistakes. I don’t think they deserve any hate for it, with the amount of packages being delivered to America some are bound to be messed up. Sucks when stuff doesn’t get delivered but I’m cool with my neighbors so if it ends up at any of their houses they usually hand it to me when I get home from work.

I’ve been dealing with USPS for a few decades now. They make mistakes every once in awhile but they’re no better than any other delivery service, they all make mistakes. I don’t think they deserve any hate for it, with the amount of packages being delivered to America some are bound to be messed up. Sucks when stuff doesn’t get delivered but I’m cool with my neighbors so if it ends up at any of their houses they usually hand it to me when I get home from work.
That is why I made this thread about all 3, I don't think DHL does home delivery anymore. This was in no way aimed at the USPS, but since I use them 90% of the time I had the longest rant out them.
Shania Twain said it best “that don’t impress me much”

FedEx says hold my beer. This is over almost 3 months late and I’m still getting d!cked around. Everyone points the finger at USPS and them mofos won’t help.

View attachment 74381
Never use Fedex Smartpost or UPS Surepost they send things via covered wagon.

LMAO, I deal with them all daily. USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL for parcel service, they all have there ups and downs. By far the worst is USPS, I stopped dealing with them. FEDEX overnight service is the only thing that is corporately owned, private contractors for delivery and pickup, to many headaches on pickups. UPS for me has been the best so far for me, 4-5 lost packages over 5 1/2 years. I ship an average 60 packages a day.
When it comes to personal packages, I cringe when I see it was shipped USPS, they can never deliver to the right address.

Here in Toledo, we have a great UPS hub. That combined with a great driver and I get great service. Like clockwork.

FedEx is a mess. Different driver for every package. Never the same one twice. Hardly ever drive a FedEx marked vehicle. Usually driving a rental. Usually no exhaust system. Straight open headers. Doing 60mph in my 15mph condo complex with speed bumps street ramps.

But by far the worst is USPS. Our complex of 92 units isn’t even on a designated route. We float from day to day from one truck to another on an auxiliary route. This means some days we get mail at noon. Others it’s 8pm. Sometimes they just don’t get to it until the next day. We have lockers near the road. They also have parcel lockers for medium boxes too. All have a label of 1P or 2P, but there are 5 sets of 1P and 2P lockers, so you have to hunt all 5 to find your stuff. Also, the locker doors don’t hav our unit numbers on them. My unit is 28, but my box is 12. There are also five boxes numbered 12. So asking anyone else to get the mail is an adventure. You have to memorize which box it is. And last year some drunk ran into my set of lockers and the mail carriers couldn’t deliver to our set of boxes. They held our mail and took it back to the PO everyday. So if we wanted our mail, we have to go to the PO, wait in line for an hour, and get our mail a day later. They couldn’t figure out how to just keep the mail at the PO before the carriers leave. They only know how to bring it back after they find the lockers broken. Then it took them six months to replace the lockers because they ordered the wrong finish and they didn’t match. Had to ship them back and wait for the right ones. I offered to install them because they sat on a skid waiting for the USPS approved contractor to come install it, which is about 10 nuts and washers on existing stud anchors. I would have needed a single helper to lift the lockers into place over the studs and tighten the nuts. Would have taken 15 mins. Instead we had to wait weeks for the “contractor” to show up and take half a day putting in new anchors. Old ones were in perfect shape.

/rant

Here in Toledo, we have a great UPS hub. That combined with a great driver and I get great service. Like clockwork.

FedEx is a mess. Different driver for every package. Never the same one twice. Hardly ever drive a FedEx marked vehicle. Usually driving a rental. Usually no exhaust system. Straight open headers. Doing 60mph in my 15mph condo complex with speed bumps street ramps.

But by far the worst is USPS. Our complex of 92 units isn’t even on a designated route. We float from day to day from one truck to another on an auxiliary route. This means some days we get mail at noon. Others it’s 8pm. Sometimes they just don’t get to it until the next day. We have lockers near the road. They also have parcel lockers for medium boxes too. All have a label of 1P or 2P, but there are 5 sets of 1P and 2P lockers, so you have to hunt all 5 to find your stuff. Also, the locker doors don’t hav our unit numbers on them. My unit is 28, but my box is 12. There are also five boxes numbered 12. So asking anyone else to get the mail is an adventure. You have to memorize which box it is. And last year some drunk ran into my set of lockers and the mail carriers couldn’t deliver to our set of boxes. They held our mail and took it back to the PO everyday. So if we wanted our mail, we have to go to the PO, wait in line for an hour, and get our mail a day later. They couldn’t figure out how to just keep the mail at the PO before the carriers leave. They only know how to bring it back after they find the lockers broken. Then it took them six months to replace the lockers because they ordered the wrong finish and they didn’t match. Had to ship them back and wait for the right ones. I offered to install them because they sat on a skid waiting for the USPS approved contractor to come install it, which is about 10 nuts and washers on existing stud anchors. I would have needed a single helper to lift the lockers into place over the studs and tighten the nuts. Would have taken 15 mins. Instead we had to wait weeks for the “contractor” to show up and take half a day putting in new anchors. Old ones were in perfect shape.

/rant
This happened to the mailboxes down the road from my dad's place back when I was a kid, they must have been hit 4 or 5 times in the 12 years he lived there.

Well my part is being resent by the seller tomorrow let's hope this one makes it to me this time. Still never heard back from usps

USPS has been much better for me over the past few years. I am pretty confident with their service for packages but I don't get them sent to my own home. My USPS mail carrier is bad and doesn't care. When the neighbors' mail was delivered to my address in the past, I'd bring it to the neighbor. But it happened so often that I decided that I wasn't doing the carrier's work anymore. Now I write Return To Sender (when I even check the mail...especially junk mail) and she can pick it up and deal with it. Maybe having to do double work will get her to do it right the first time. Both of our houses have the address posted for the carrier to see. No excuses.
For anything I purchase online, I get it sent to my parents' house and pick it up there. Only two blocks away and they have a different carrier than me. Theirs is dependable and helpful. I do all my business online so honestly have very little use for the mailbox at my door. I usually go a month before I remove all of the junk mail to throw away. I also use USPS to mail packages but I bring it directly to the post office. I find shipping cost best with USPS...which it should be considering they get $18,000,000,000 tax dollars every single year. This isn't to say the UPS and FedEX don't get subsidies.

FedEX is next best. Usually Horizon Hobby stuff comes FedEx but what I buy from them is typically models or big packages that need signatures. I know one of my parents will usually be at home so they sign for it and don't mind. The drawback is my mom seeing how many trucks I buy and it worries her that I spend too much money. I've even had stuff sent to my friend's house in the past so she wouldn't see that I bought more "things." My mom is tight with money and feels I should buy only necessities...lol Trucks are necessities yet she's not convinced....but I digress.

UPS has gotten better and the delivery man has been very nice. Dad likes the guy (who's helpful and caring) and gets lots of stuff sent UPS to him with his work. Still, UPS is least dependable and fortunately I don't receive a lot of stuff sent with their service. I have a friend that's been with UPS for 30 years but it doesn't sway my opinion. Also, when I've called UPS a few months ago about a large $ package that was "stuck in the mail," they were rude and unhelpful. I typically don't have tolerance for rude (or lazy or lack of pride) and I bite back. In this case though, I couldn't because I was afraid of repercussion. The way I was able to call was because I was given a "secret number" from the UPS man that my dad likes. Otherwise the number is not listed.

If I consider mistakes %, UPS has been worse. FedEX middle of the road, USPS best. We all know how percentages work and the USPS positive line may be because they get the most of my activity. If I consider only the last 10 exchanges, same result with UPS falling far below FedEX and USPS where I cannot recall the last issue I had with FedEX and the one I do recall with USPS has been much further back than 10 exchanges.

One frustrating situation I've dealt with my entire life is having the exact same street number as a neighbor. My address number growing up was the same as the guy across the road but his was a different street name because of the way his house faced. When I bought this house, the same thing is happening again. Lady across the street has the name numbers but different street. Could be because we lived on a corner lot when I was a kid and I live on a corner lot now. It should be noted that when the carrier delivers the wrong mail to my address, it's not the stuff for the lady across the street. It's for the lady directly next door, with the two young girls that like to watch me drive my trucks. They don't have a dog (which I suspect would cause the carrier to avoid the house) and no reason at all for mail to be left at my box.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back