Kraton V1 Kraton, What can be swapped/upgraded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
I have a Kraton 6s Version 1. I see a V5 chassis on ebay for pretty cheap ($50ish) along with the shock towers and battery box and a few other small pieces, what would upgrading to the V5 chassis get me and what can I swap or upgrade on my current V1 chassis? Would I be able to put the V5 battery box and receiver box on my V1 chassis? From what I can tell everything seems pretty modular, such as getting the oem parts to install the center tower to tower brace.

Thanks,

I have a Kraton 6s Version 1. I see a V5 chassis on ebay for pretty cheap ($50ish) along with the shock towers and battery box and a few other small pieces, what would upgrading to the V5 chassis get me and what can I swap or upgrade on my current V1 chassis? Would I be able to put the V5 battery box and receiver box on my V1 chassis? From what I can tell everything seems pretty modular, such as getting the oem parts to install the center tower to tower brace.

Thanks,

Going from a V1 to a V5 chassis you will need the chassis, shock towers and a arms at the very least, I think you need the shock pins and there might be a few other odds and ends you might need.
The V5 battery tray will only mount to the V1 chassis if you drill 2 holes in the bottom of the chassis and counter sink them.
Also do note that the V1 Kraton has the same stub axles, hubs and hexes as the Arrma Talion, the current Kraton has the same ones as the Notorious/Outcast.

Going from a V1 to a V5 chassis you will need the chassis, shock towers and a arms at the very least, I think you need the shock pins and there might be a few other odds and ends you might need.
The V5 battery tray will only mount to the V1 chassis if you drill 2 holes in the bottom of the chassis and counter sink them.
Also do note that the V1 Kraton has the same stub axles, hubs and hexes as the Arrma Talion, the current Kraton has the same ones as the Notorious/Outcast.
Ok, thanks for the info, sounds like it may be more trouble than its worth at this point lol. Does that mean if I break any of the suspension components like the a-arms, that I should be looking at the Talion for replacement parts?

Ok, thanks for the info, sounds like it may be more trouble than its worth at this point lol. Does that mean if I break any of the suspension components like the a-arms, that I should be looking at the Talion for replacement parts?
The Kraton, Talion, Outcast and Notorious all used the same a arms, turnbuckles and camber links V1-V4. Talion and Kraton were essentially the same vehicle with different tires and body in the V1. Starting with V2 for the Kraton Arrma changed the stub axles, hubs and hexes to a wider design that is available on the current Kraton, Outcast and Notorious.

The Kraton, Talion, Outcast and Notorious all used the same a arms, turnbuckles and camber links V1-V4. Talion and Kraton were essentially the same vehicle with different tires and body in the V1. Starting with V2 for the Kraton Arrma changed the stub axles, hubs and hexes to a wider design that is available on the current Kraton, Outcast and Notorious.
Thanks for this info

From what I am gathering, i pretty much have a modern day Talion. The newer Kratons sit a little higher, longer/wider wheelbase. I am just getting back into this hobby and had my eyes set on a Kraton, and picked up a very lightly used V1 Kraton not knowing. Still fun AF, but I see myself getting a new V5 or V6 if they come out soonish, or I will be converting the chassis. Converting the chassis may not be a bad idea, doesn't seem overly expensive sourcing used like new condition parts on Ebay, and it will give me a chance to touch all the screws.

Definitely going to play with it A LOT more before I decide to tear it all apart :cool:

Well, decisions were made. Picked up an EXB from a LHS. Looking into ESC/MOTOR options but I am thinking HW Max6 1650KV combo deal they have. I read it was a good combo running a little cooler which is good since I am in Texas. I also read about the Castle MMX8S for heat but they're not in stock anywhere and its starting to get towards to top of my budget lol. Super excited to get the EXB built.

I have new RPM front upper/lower a-arms, all new front/rear wheel blocks, and new V4 shock springs to install on the V1 Kraton before selling.

IMG_20210306_155001.jpg

IMG_20210306_160309.jpg

IMG_20210306_154926.jpg

Well, decisions were made. Picked up an EXB from a LHS. Looking into ESC/MOTOR options but I am thinking HW Max6 1650KV combo deal they have. I read it was a good combo running a little cooler which is good since I am in Texas. I also read about the Castle MMX8S for heat but they're not in stock anywhere and its starting to get towards to top of my budget lol. Super excited to get the EXB built.

I have new RPM front upper/lower a-arms, all new front/rear wheel blocks, and new V4 shock springs to install on the V1 Kraton before selling.

View attachment 130482

View attachment 130483

View attachment 130484
Went all out did ya? :ROFLMAO:

Lol doing what I should have to begin with.

I really want to toss in my electronics and run it, but don't want to run into heat issues with the motor.
Yeah idk how the BLX180 would do in the EXB, the esc should be able to handle it, assuming it doesn't spontaneously combust(known problem with the BLX180 esc) but iirc the BLX180 motor was a 4068 can instead of a 4274 like the BLX185 and Spektrum 2150kv motor and that is a bit small.

I was running in some thick but short grass but let my motor get a little hot and it melted the plastic cover piece. Can I rebuild this motor and replace that piece? I also see a used motor on ebay for ~$60. Still runs great, definitely not water resistant anymore lol. Need to get a ran on it.

Popped the center diff this weekend. I was just driving around for 2 mins on dirt, nothing strenuous, and then a weird noise and no rear wheel drive.

picked up a new diff from LHS with some 100k diff jelly. probably need to check the front/rear as well.

IMG_20210308_232335.jpg

IMG_20210308_225150.jpg

IMG_20210308_222712.jpg

IMG_20210308_220825.jpg

IMG_20210308_234502.jpg

Back