Kraton V1 upgrade questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffh

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
A good buddy sent me his spare v1 last spring along with a spare esc. I ran it stock all summer with a mix of 4&6s having fun but it’s winter here and want to go through it. I sent the red esc in and horizon sent a replacement I’ve ordered the voltage hobby servo mount,v3 hex and steering blocks and rear hub, bearings from Fast Eddy and the hr bell crank.

The question I have is I want to rebuild the diffs and was wondering should I get the whole v3 assemblies (65$ for both)or the hr cases and just use the v1 housings.
What are the other things I should upgrade well it’s torn down

You mention the option of HR cases. Did you mean the dif cups or the full bulk head/gearbox? HR makes both. If you buy from Jennys RC, you could pick up the whole assembly, difs and bulk heads, brand new from a torn down kit. The old bulk heads likely have wear in the areas where the bearings were seated, and that would cause excessive play, regardless of how new or rebuilt the difs are. Jmo, take with a grain of salt cause I'm not an expert by any means. Here's a link to the Kraton page from Jennys https://jennysrc.com/collections/aarma-kraton-ar106018

You mention the option of HR cases. Did you mean the dif cups or the full bulk head/gearbox? HR makes both. If you buy from Jennys RC, you could pick up the whole assembly, difs and bulk heads, brand new from a torn down kit. The old bulk heads likely have wear in the areas where the bearings were seated, and that would cause excessive play, regardless of how new or rebuilt the difs are. Jmo, take with a grain of salt cause I'm not an expert by any means. Here's a link to the Kraton page from Jennys https://jennysrc.com/collections/aarma-kraton-ar106018
Yeah I was thinking about just replacing the diff cups with the HR ones or getting the complete assembles from the v3

Yeah I was thinking about just replacing the diff cups with the HR ones or getting the complete assembles from the v3
Would I be crazy to tell you to get both? Buy the full assemblies (Jennys) and switch up the dif cups. I'm only saying this because I don't know how worn your bulk heads are, and new dif cups won't mean a thing if there's slop at the out drive bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back