Limitless V2 differences - What they didn't tell you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the emp kit so much I bought a 2nd one. Now both my felony c8 and jota limitless use it. I think you could totally use a v1 battery tray on 1 side to hold 2 lipo as well. If I flip mount I get emp kit though as it just looks so nice =D
Thanks to everyone here for sharing the resources I really appreciate everyone’s help. Seems not many ppl care for the stock trays so I have any donors I’ll leave the outer half of the passenger tray to hold my skirts where they are and still fit the flipped TP4070cm and I’ll see if I can put both V2 limit’s trays on the driver side as they should fit according to the public information available by everyone here 🫡 motor will be in this Monday afternoon.. That’s some FAST shipping and handing., The Mail carrier must also be running a TP motor 😆✋🛑 nah n/m.
they did the mod i did on my arrma felony on the rear tires. Talion hubs with kraton hexes. Got rid of the spinning out in the case of the felony
Sooo you made the rear tires stand out even wider?

Very clean, I like the EMP is a much better bargain with the side skirts Included, except both Lipo trays are serving two purposes right now. I can run harnesses under the carbon tray, but I’d like to use the skirts that I made for this build so they’d still have to be mounted flush and at 180°level instead of an upward tilt if they are mounted ontop of the chassis edge, bcs of its angled edge.
Spacers will give a bit of clearance and the angle is ~15° on the edge.

What all do I need to convert my limitless v1 to a v2M? I already have a stretched carbon fiber chassis and a Limitless V2 spool. I'm having issues finding shafts that fit. Thanks in advance!

I would recommend you go through the parts and verify what's different.

However, I believe (for what it's worth) at a minimum you need to push the center diff back about 8mm. Keep in mind that this me just drawing on some random pictures that are roughly scaled. And the center spool is different, so you will need the spool and possibly the motor mount?

1691556457833.png

1691556871153.png

To do a full conversion buy a pan, shafts, battery trays, receiver box and swap the rear hubs.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/v2-differences-what-they-didnt-tell-you.54320/#post-784704

But if you are doing all that I would go GT body with a V2 carbon fiber pan. Or buy a V2 and sell the V1.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing the resources I really appreciate everyone’s help. Seems not many ppl care for the stock trays so I have any donors I’ll leave the outer half of the passenger tray to hold my skirts where they are and still fit the flipped TP4070cm and I’ll see if I can put both V2 limit’s trays on the driver side as they should fit according to the public information available by everyone here 🫡 motor will be in this Monday afternoon.. That’s some FAST shipping and handing., The Mail carrier must also be running a TP motor 😆✋🛑 nah n/m.

Yes
If i remember correctly qitht eh v2 the chassis is not conpatible with the v1? And you can no longer fit 155mm long packs?

Correct. According to the Arrma docs it's 155 mm at most. Although you might be able to trim the plastic bits to get the extra 5mm.

The comparison is below.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/v2-differences-what-they-didnt-tell-you.54320/#post-783988
That alone just renders 90% of my packs worthless. Way to go.... thats so traxxas like move. Forces you to use hard packs 138 mm or make you buy spektrum lipos who are to specs.. i keep seeing the v2 on deal for 420 canadien here in amazon

I trimmed the rear of my v2 trays with no problems and can now fit slightly bigger packs.

That alone just renders 90% of my packs worthless. Way to go.... thats so traxxas like move. Forces you to use hard packs 138 mm or make you buy spektrum lipos who are to specs.. i keep seeing the v2 on deal for 420 canadien here in amazon

I think they did it because people wanted larger motors. But it still sucks if you're already invested in a bunch of batteries. I'm in the same boat. I typically use the CNHL Gigantor 9500s.

I think they did it because people wanted larger motors. But it still sucks if you're already invested in a bunch of batteries. I'm in the same boat. I typically use the CNHL Gigantor 9500s.
Even with the new spool people going to be running aftermaket spools not the arrma one.

Theres a lot of people who got limitlesses to have a different infraction and they just had to put their electronics and put a center diff in. Now its more costly and inconvenient. Wont be suprised if it gets less sales than the v1. The goal of the limitless for arrma was speed running. But people had the choice to speed run it or not now they are pretty much forced to run it as a speed runner unless they come back to arrma and spend money to be able to run it like a normal RC.

In short what i see in the v2
- no longer able to run longer packs such as 155mm unless you decide to cut some stuff
-no longer easy drop center differential
-no painted body could be a positive or a negative depending on how you see it

-longer track width. That is great a must do on the infractions imo. More stable rear end

The v1 was a lot more appealing for the normal joe and then you had the main target speed runners. Not its more incovenient for the normal joe and the speed runners. Because the stuff that worked in the v1 with the after market no longer works on the v2 because of the different propriatary chassis. I do not understand arrma at this point. This reminds me of dreamworks running out of Shreks. But i might be wrong and the chassis are magically the same
Oh No Eye Roll GIF by Laff

Last edited:
Even with the new spool people going to be running aftermaket spools not the arrma one.

Theres a lot of people who got limitlesses to have a different infraction and they just had to put their electronics and put a center diff in. Now its more costly and inconvenient. Wont be suprised if it gets less sales than the v1. The goal of the limitless for arrma was speed running. But people had the choice to speed run it or not now they are pretty much forced to run it as a speed runner unless they come back to arrma and spend money to be able to run it like a normal RC.

- no longer able to run longer packs such as 155mm unless you decide to cut some stuff

-longer track width. That is great a must do on the infractions imo. More stable rear end

The v1 was a lot more appealing for the normal joe and then you had the main target speed runners. Not its more incovenient for the normal joe and the speed runners. Because the stuff that worked in the v1 with the after market no longer works on the v2 because of the different propriatary chassis. I do not understand arrma at this point. This reminds me of dreamworks running out of Shreks. But i might be wrong and the chassis are magically the same

All true. As you pointed out the Limitless is more targeted for speed running than bashing. In the end they (Arrma) knows we will modify what ever to make it our own creation anyway. I mean there area lot of Typhons speed running.

All true. As you pointed out the Limitless is more targeted for speed running than bashing. In the end they (Arrma) knows we will modify what ever to make it our own creation anyway. I mean there area lot of Typhons speed running.
Yeah but imagine arrma coming with a v6 who is focused on speed running. Anyway that's how i see the move on the v2. Most people just zip around their street with the onroad vehicles the ones who wanted to take it further than that have the aftermaket of the world to do it. Arrma provides the platform and they focus move on to another platform that needs work/product. Instead they spent resources on making specific changes that no other car on their lineup will benefit. Unless they make the v3 cars with the new v2 limitless chassis. Of they do.. oh boy talk about a load of 💩 that will be. I love the onroad vehicles. If they really wanted to work on stuff for the onroad. Idk you could release new tyres options and thread patterns.

Idk make rain tires you know whatever the possibilities are limitless. Release a v3 onroad with new cool body colour Options and little improvements.. i can already picture in my head one new limitless body and 2 as options. Make a nascar truck while ur at it. I want so much more from arrma. Be the “the thing that just keeps on giving”

Last edited:

… sorry for delay, yea on the limitless platform, I used Hobao +4mm hex hubs to push out the rear tires closer to the quarter wheel well on the skyline body.
What all do I need to convert my limitless v1 to a v2M? I already have a stretched carbon fiber chassis and a Limitless V2 spool. I'm having issues finding shafts that fit. Thanks in advance!
Oh.. a stretched carbon chassis plate? So you’llneed longer center shafts? Ugh hm.. who ever made the long chassis should also be making the drive shafts or at least have resources to give their customers.. I’d try communicating with scorched for having them made, or do some research and see if there are other rc drive shafts or axles that share the same length as the length you need. If I was in the same boat as you, I’d fall deep into the rabbit hole and I won’t give up until I find a solution 😁👌
Yes
If i remember correctly qitht eh v2 the chassis is not conpatible with the v1? And you can no longer fit 155mm long packs?
Well…. It’s the smaller Lipo trays, and placement of the motor mount. If your brave, just drill new holes on your chassis plate to don what you have in mind.
…. but we can look at it like this, the V2 is an excellent option for speed run enthusiast, who are not as technologically skilled as other more advanced hobbyist they can simply upgrade the motor to something competitive that fits without modification with a small compromise. Yes, the use of smaller Lipo packs is a downfall, but for a RC enthusiast who doesn’t have the skill set to reconfigure the layout for a more competitive build, they might just be happy enough to be able to fit a larger motor despite the battery options and 150 miles an hour is probably the fastest they will ever go.
I trimmed the rear of my v2 trays with no problems and can now fit slightly bigger packs.
You got it in💪💯
…. it just seems that the V2 limitless is like a stock upgrade for people who are not reconfiguring their builds or using GT chassis plates. There must be more newbies or basic RC enthusiasts then there are pros or competitors.

The v1 was a lot more appealing for the normal joe and then you had the main target speed runners. Not it’s more incovenient for the normal joe and the speed runners. Because the stuff that worked in the v1 with the after market no longer works on the v2 because of the different propriatary chassis. I do not understand arrma at this point. This reminds me of dreamworks running out of Shreks. But i might be wrong and the chassis are magically the same
… could not have said it better… But, perfect pass has already by now made a carbon fiber chassis plate that will work for anybody who has a V one or a V2 because he just pre-drilled the hell out of the chassis plate, problem solved, lol.

Last edited:

One of the main reason for the changes was to create to equal length center shafts & easy mounting of a bigger esc (XLX2). Once the battery trays are removed (almost everyone does) a decent size 4s will fit and the car is almost perfectly balanced. I can fit a 4s 6000mAh CNHL G Plus lipo on both sides without interference. Lipo companies have also started building their packs to accommodate (Onyx, SMC) I run a stock spool in mine and have had no issues. The motor mount is the biggest pain as anyone wanting to run smaller spur/pinion combos will find it problematic. I purchased a very wide variety of gears to be able to make configurations that work for me.

4‘
One of the main reason for the changes was to create to equal length center shafts & easy mounting of a bigger esc (XLX2). Once the battery trays are removed (almost everyone does) a decent size 4s will fit and the car is almost perfectly balanced. I can fit a 4s 6000mAh CNHL G Plus lipo on both sides without interference. Lipo companies have also started building their packs to accommodate (Onyx, SMC) I run a stock spool in mine and have had no issues. The motor mount is the biggest pain as anyone wanting to run smaller spur/pinion combos will find it problematic. I purchased a very wide variety of gears to be able to make configurations that work for me.
i get that but they threw everything just to fix that and the aftermarket already figured it out. Smc and all those big brand of lipos are no different than buying spektrum lipos. The basher lipos are praised but they are priced 2 to 1. Theres some execption of course. But 80$$ for a 3s lipo? Yikes. i have 2 pairs of hrb lipos who had more than a thousand cycles go trought them. The punch as went down and they puff a bit when i push them hard but IR is at 5-7 new ones are at 3-5. I bought a branded lipo and they were at 7-9 IR new and still are around that.

I suspect its just the lithium being fatigue with all the cycles And the C rating got cut in half. I was broke and only used that same pair everytime i went out. Should have nought 2 or 3 more pairs to even the wear and use. But thats on me.

One reason i don't like any traxxas rc is because they are propriatary designed to work with their stuff. The rustler you had to buy the x lipo they came out to fit. Even their own lipos didnt fit and had to make a new one. That is what im reminded of when i see this. I can understand if cars like the granite don't fit up to 155mm. The chassis is short and so is the truck.

People love CNHL and they might be the next brand i try out. Decent price for what you get
Did on the v2 that specific issue was resolved?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back