Kraton V2 Kraton/Outcast driveshafts fit the V1 arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Yup, just in case anybody was wondering…

The V2 driveshaft fit the V1 arms.

The V2 hub carriers also fit V1 arms.

The V2 differentials fit the standard 3s shock towers, but you have to do a little bit of material removal in the shock tower diff area to accommodate the round, raised things on the ring-gear front face. Took just a few minutes with a Dremel sander bit. Close up pic below of the area needing ‘adjustment’ (last 2 pics).

67715D9B-AF44-48F2-AE96-C6CD1D0AE845.jpeg

1AC3C42E-6FC4-4EC7-95EB-82CBD34B2491.jpeg

F20EFF3D-A7DF-44EE-B005-D012A1B4648C.jpeg

A2C2A780-74F5-470B-AA15-0B5EF5CF4A2B.jpeg

E6B90818-F6DB-48E3-A988-C6F94697F69A.jpeg

Good to know!
Thank you for doing the research 👍
Well, I did a hail Mary and bought stuff hoping it would fit. That was the extent of my research. Fortunately It does 😅 I can’t wait to finish this Thing…

The V2 differentials fit the standard 3s shock towers, but you have to do a little bit of material removal in the shock tower diff area to accommodate the round, raised things on the ring-gear front face. Took just a few minutes with a Dremel sander bit. Close up pic below of the area needing ‘adjustment’ (last 2 pics).

View attachment 265348

View attachment 265349

View attachment 265352

View attachment 265353

View attachment 265354

View attachment 265348

View attachment 265349

View attachment 265352

View attachment 265353

View attachment 265354
What was the length for your turnbuckles for the front and back?

What was the length for your turnbuckles for the front and back?
I didn’t go by any premade measurements. I adjusted them according to what works for the car over time. I’ve never measured so have no idea what they’re set too.

was thinking of using the v2 driveshaft for my v1 truck too as the composite keeps breaking. So does the driveshaft just fit into the truck or do I need new hub carriers or bearings? Thanks

was thinking of using the v2 driveshaft for my v1 truck too as the composite keeps breaking. So does the driveshaft just fit into the truck or do I need new hub carriers or bearings? Thanks
You’ll need v2 hubs and bearings I believe. Below is when my 4s vorteks I built had v1 arms, v2 hub carriers/bearings and v2 drive shafts. I did not have to modify the v2 Driveshafts, they fit fine. It worked great for a few months, then I went ahead and put v2 arms on.
**Oh, one thing though I just remembered, the v1 arms I used were RPM brand. I assume the Arrma v1 arms will work fine, but there’s always a small chance there could be an issue…

IMG_5619.jpeg

IMG_5582.jpeg

Last edited:
I was just measuring the new bearing and they seem the same size. Did you ever try just putting in the v2 outdrive into the v1 hubs?

I was just measuring the new bearing and they seem the same size. Did you ever try just putting in the v2 outdrive into the v1 hubs?
Hubs are the same on V1 and V2.

I used v2, 4s hubs. I’m not familiar with the v1, 4s hubs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back