Infraction V2 NEW MAMBA 1260 SSSLOOOWW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finchy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
Good day all!! I have a V2 infraction. Recently installed mamba x 8. With 1260kv motor. I have it geared at 28/46. Running on gensacearespammers 6000mah 100c 6S. Highest speed I have hit is only 67 mph. I have “gear speed” app. Using it for the calculations I should be closer to 80mph. I believe LOL. Previously was using all stock electronics and same batteries. I was hitting 73mph. And that is quite close to what the app says it should be. I do realize there is rolling resistance and the weight of the truck. I just figured that big monster motor would hammer down harder!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOLKS!!

Good day all!! I have a V2 infraction. Recently installed mamba x 8. With 1260kv motor. I have it geared at 28/46. Running on gensacearespammers 6000mah 100c 6S. Highest speed I have hit is only 67 mph. I have “gear speed” app. Using it for the calculations I should be closer to 80mph. I believe LOL. Previously was using all stock electronics and same batteries. I was hitting 73mph. And that is quite close to what the app says it should be. I do realize there is rolling resistance and the weight of the truck. I just figured that big monster motor would hammer down harder!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOLKS!!
You went from a 2050kv motor to a 1260kv motor and didn’t increase your voltage.

Math says 22.8v x 2050kv = 46,740 rpm max

Also says 22.8v x 1260kv = 28,728 rpm max

You’ve theoretically cut your max rpm by almost 20k. You will need to either gear up accordingly or increase your voltage (8S).

You went from a 2050kv motor to a 1260kv motor and didn’t increase your voltage.

Math says 22.8v x 2050kv = 46,740 rpm max

Also says 22.8v x 1260kv = 28,728 rpm max

You’ve theoretically cut your max rpm by almost 20k. You will need to either gear up accordingly or increase your voltage (8S).
Thanks Jon. I do realize that. I did gear up from a 18 tooth stock electronics to a 28 tooth. This is my first castle product. I believe I’ve done everything right. I’ve even paired it to my dx5pro. Are you familiar with the gear speed app. If not I believe it’s impressive. Prior to the castle it’s calculations were pretty close to spot on. Mi is truck weight and rolling resistance aerodynamics etc.
Thanks Jon. I do realize that. I did gear up from a 18 tooth stock electronics to a 28 tooth. This is my first castle product. I believe I’ve done everything right. I’ve even paired it to my dx5pro. Are you familiar with the gear speed app. If not I believe it’s impressive. Prior to the castle it’s calculations were pretty close to spot on. Mi is truck weight and rolling resistance aerodynamics etc.
P.S. You sir are a legend in my books thanks so much for replying. I don’t post or speak up to often on the site but refer to it often!!
I believe I see my numbers may have been off. With the 28/46 gearing. I am hitting temps of 147. I do plan on running 8s. Just waiting for one more battery to arrive.

Attachments

• E84C2154-11A1-4975-9852-B818067983F5.png
    E84C2154-11A1-4975-9852-B818067983F5.png
    410.6 KB · Views: 42
  • E28E07BF-4E6F-4552-B16D-FBF4AB690900.png
    E28E07BF-4E6F-4552-B16D-FBF4AB690900.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The calculator is based on a lot of assumptions. Changing the whole power system/gearing means those need to be re-evaluated. Like 4.0 cell voltage on full power, could be more could be less. But now you have datalog functionality ;) meaning you can actually see what your voltage sag is during full throttle and what amps you drawing (if you can gear up more)

ps. Take note when you switch to 8S you have to redo your gearing too. More voltage does not make your system hotter, gearing/amps do.

I do have more gearing options. And yeah for the 4 volts per cell. I just use that as a reference. When Jon dilly replied he is using 3.8 as his 22.8 volt. I do need to learn about sag and the amp draws.
I was just concerned I may have done some programming incorrectly. Being it’s my first castle product. Immediately I had esc programming issue. Lol. It wouldn’t allow the spektrum receiver to arm if I was holding full throttle to program the esc endpoints. But I believe I figured it out!!

P.S. You sir are a legend in my books thanks so much for replying. I don’t post or speak up to often on the site but refer to it often!!
I believe I see my numbers may have been off. With the 28/46 gearing. I am hitting temps of 147. I do plan on running 8s. Just waiting for one more battery to arrive.
I prefer to use the online calculator instead. Here is what mine is telling me.

B4370B7A-70E7-4EDD-A311-3C8298A34878.png

D3073F4F-1888-43B7-A039-89A0CE18EFE2.png

By my calculations you went down 3mph with your new setup. You need to either go to 8S or a much larger pinion.

Going 8S gets you to about 88mph
0347805C-E248-4717-A183-7AB7F491BD0F.png

Going to a 34T pinion on 6S gets you to 81mph
0BEFE6C0-CBEB-49F4-B279-35E00D578071.png

That’s a nice calculator. Biggest pinion I can fit is 28 maybe a 29. Then I need to change spur gear. I do have a forty tooth spur. Difference in your and my calculations I believe would be the voltage factor. Again thanks for all your input.

I’ve played with your calculator it is spot on. I have speeds from my Talion and outcast. And they are correct to the online version. I ha e adjusted my calculator so they match. Yay. Speaking about amps. How much is to much. I do have to get used to the data logs however.

I’ve played with your calculator it is spot on. I have speeds from my Talion and outcast. And they are correct to the online version. I ha e adjusted my calculator so they match. Yay. Speaking about amps. How much is to much. I do have to get used to the data logs however.
Depends on the ESC. The MMX8S seems to max out near 400A. But the XLX2 has gone well beyond that. Some have said beyond 500A.

Hello again. So I got the 4s batteries. 6000mah 100c gens-ace-r-spam
Truck is geared 28/40
I checked the logs. Again I’m new to castle!!
Motor rpm says 27000. I believe it should be higher?? I did set the pole count to 4 and 1260kv motor. Also put the gear ratio in. Then tried to put the gear ratio which I believe is the final drive which is close to 4.
what am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance

Hello again. So I got the 4s batteries. 6000mah 100c gens-ace-r-spam
Truck is geared 28/40
I checked the logs. Again I’m new to castle!!
Motor rpm says 27000. I believe it should be higher?? I did set the pole count to 4 and 1260kv motor. Also put the gear ratio in. Then tried to put the gear ratio which I believe is the final drive which is close to 4.
what am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance
Don’t change the gear ratios in the Castle software. Leave it 1:1.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back