Typhon V3 16t pinion with motor fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 6s
So a friend of mine gave me a motor fan, so i thought: now i can run my 16t pinion with 6S without the motor getting too hot.

Is the only problem with running a bigger pinion the temperature? Or also resistance and-or other forces on the motor? And what temp is the maximum to reach for a blx185?

Thanks

So a friend of mine gave me a motor fan, so i thought: now i can run my 16t pinion with 6S without the motor getting too hot.

Is the only problem with running a bigger pinion the temperature? Or also resistance and-or other forces on the motor? And what temp is the maximum to reach for a blx185?

Thanks

On stock buggy tires you will be fine. Only problem with the bigger pinion is not being used to the speed and slamming it into something that doesn't move ?

As far as motor temp, I believe people like to keep it lower than 170.

On stock buggy tires you will be fine. Only problem with the bigger pinion is not being used to the speed and slamming it into something that doesn't move ?

As far as motor temp, I believe people like to keep it lower than 170.

Lmao ? i'm used to high speed rc cars, so i think i willbe just fine. And 170° is like 60° C i believe?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back