Kraton [v3 6S ]Full Rebuild Tips and Tricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornager

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello all,

I am just waiting for some parts to arrive, and then i will be doing a full re-build of my kraton. In particular, the "upgrades" will be

- brand new screw set
- entirely new bearings
- removable motor/centre diff mount
- fix broken parts

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to do a full re-build like this? The new screws in particular has me a touch nervous, but I think it should be as easy as just following along with the existing screws, just.. the stainless screws instead of the stocks.

I doubt I will be doing the entire car in 1 sitting, so I think I will do a full clean down, then go section by section in re-building it all.

If people have done full rebuilds, please share your experiences and tips/tricks to make it easier if you found something.

Maybe take pictures for reference. Section by section should make it easier, good choice.

As far as the rebuild is concerned it’s pretty straight forward. Take it apart and put it back together in reverse order.

Some will say to avoid the stainless screws because they bend easier than steel but you’ve already bought them so I say use them and replace as needed. You may be fine if you don't bash real hard.

I would invest in decent hex drivers like MIP but if you don’t want to spend that kind of money any hand driver style hex drivers will be better than using L-shaped drivers. You’ll hate life 15 minutes in if you try to do it using them.

May as well clean and fill the diffs and shocks with fresh fluid if you’re rebuilding everything completely. Use new gaskets on the diffs.

After cleaning each part, I recommend coating them with a ceramic coating like you would use on your full scale vehicle because it will make future cleanings much easier.

? watch videos after videos you most likely did
I sure did and I was ready for fisrt partial tear down. Hobby dude said to first start with center diff, was easier then do either front or rear more parts more screws Little overwhelming all screws laying around. but go slow and make sure you don’t forget a bearing and washers haha no left over parts for sure. My second full tear down was eazypezzy no video tutorials nothing fun s**t

Yeah like was stated I prefer the Hardened steel stock screws (stronger than stainless) you can get the whole car set @ Jenny's RC for like $17.
If you have had the car for a while Im sure you know how to take most things apart, Just keep it in sections and keep the screws close to those sections or stage them with the parts when you lay it all out.... if that makes sense.
You can also grab a piece of cardboard and trace your whole Chassis and mark where each screw is on the outline....as you take the screws out just push them threw the cardboard as a placeholder.
Good luck buddy

I would highly suggest getting a box of various 12.9 grade screws. I bought mine on Amazon, but I’m sure you can find them on eBay or other sites too. I got a set of flat, pan, and socket head. Each comes with an assortment of M3, M4, and M5 bolts and nuts. I’ve also bought some kits of just M3 for more length options. I also buy the JRC screw kits at times too if there are harder to find screws that I need. Specifically the M4 diff tower screws for the 3S/4S rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back