Typhon V3 External Antenna

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b-mendenhall

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have seen a few photos of vehicles with the external antenna (through the body), I would like to increase my control distance but have no idea how to mount or install. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thank you...

@b-mendenhall what radio system are you using at the moment?

Years ago when most people used AM or FM radio systems which had long antenna wires that came out of the body. However, most radio systems today use 2.4Ghz which are far more superior. In addition the antenna wires are very short.

I have seen a few photos of vehicles with the external antenna (through the body), I would like to increase my control distance but have no idea how to mount or install. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thank you...

Unfortunately the Tactic TR325 receiver doesn't have an external antenna :(

tacl0325.jpg

But if you want to do it for looks, just buy something like thishttps://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dubro-12-1-4x1-8-Antenna-Tube-w-Cap-Black-2340/391913833692?epid=671736900&hash=item5b3fe284dc:g:KzkAAOSwAHBZ8i0m
(they do come in other colors just search 12" antenna tube on ebay sort by lowest price plus shipping and buy it now, Im assuming you are from the US so also change the item location to US only.)

And there is a little spot on the outside of the receiver box to mount it in. Just remove the small grub screw put the tube in that hole, then put the grub screw back in.
r3AmxlHl.jpg

Xe0WpdKl.jpg

Use a body hole reamer to make a hole in your body for the antenna to go through.

LShqSuKl.jpg

Yes, I wish it had a longer range. I am using everything stock including the transmitter.

Yes, I wish it had a longer range. I am using everything stock including the transmitter.
In theory you should lose sight of the truck well before it ever goes out of range.
First thing I would try is rebinding the transmitter to the receiver.

I want really long range like that henry the car guy on youtube amd to be able to view the camera feed live as well while driving the rc

I would think you would lose the camera signal first... Always a good idea to keep these vehicles in sight. With the power they put out these days, accidents can hurt. Just ask my broken foot...

I'm pretty sure that guys uses a radio designed for airplanes, I'm sure if you asked him nicely he would let you know what equipment he uses.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back