#v3 KRATON #JConcepts #Finnsher BODY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
This is my first body that I have done and so far its been a pretty smooth process... Anyway, I trimmed up everything and sanded a few things with my dermal. I am using betty-design liquid mask so i CAN use a few colors on my body. I am going to use Gun Metal Silver and Aluminum Metallic Blue and Tamiya Black to back everything up. I applied 3 coats of the liquid mask and it came out perfecto! I very carefully scored out the first section of the body to be painted as you can see in the last attachment .

Here is the material and the LINKS.
PS-49 Metallic Color Paint 2 CANS
PS-41 Gun Metal Silver Spray Paint 2 CANS
TS-14 Black
Bettydesign Liquid mask
#JConcepts #Finnsher Body

Attachments

• Finnisher Body3.jpg
    Finnisher Body3.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Finnisher Body2.jpg
    Finnisher Body2.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 95
  • JConcepts Finnisher Body2.jpeg
    JConcepts Finnisher Body2.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 127
  • JConcepts Finnisher Body1.jpeg
    JConcepts Finnisher Body1.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 159
  • thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 102
  • thumbnail (1).jpeg
    thumbnail (1).jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I added the following colors to my #jconcepts #finnisher body. 1st color i used was Aluminum Blue and then I scored the second section of the body which was the side doors and I choose the color Gun Mental Silver and then last but not least I sprayed the lower part f the body all black.
Here ya go - Bashaddict - Ones I dress her up with a bunch of decals it will look pretty decent.
What are your thoughts on the jconcepts finnisher body?

Attachments

• 1st coat of Alum Blue.jpeg
    1st coat of Alum Blue.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 2nd coat.jpeg
    2nd coat.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Kraton Body2.jpeg
    Kraton Body2.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Kraton Body 3.jpeg
    Kraton Body 3.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
good color choices, looks great.
I ordered one yesterday so I'll have to wait a week or so before I receive it to get a good look at it. from the pics I like the look, it reminds me of a bull dog, it has an aggressive stance to it. I'll post a pic of it once painted.

Body looks great ? would love to see it on your Kraton. Nice work.
Currently, my #KRATON IS GETTING a lot of work down to it. I just ordered an Outcast clear body for my new 6s #Notorious that I will be working on! For the colors, I am thinking maybe all Metallic Red (PS-15) or a Metallic Green (PS-17) and an all-black flat black bed.

1574863437070.png

Last edited:
Body looks great ? would love to see it on your Kraton. Nice work.
Here is how my 1st body turned out! I used Betty design for the liquid masking so I could use 3 colors..
Anyways, its a Jconcepts #Finnsher body for my #KRATON. It would be on my rig but its in the pit's! Currently I am installing a brand new mc2 chassis, some GPM Racing Tie Rods front and rear and RPM A-arms front and Rear to get rid of all the slop in the steering.

Material and colors used:
Betty Design Liquid Mask
Tamiya: Sky Blue Anodized Aluminium (PS-49)
Tamiya Spray Bright Gun Metal (PS63)
Tamiya America Black (Ps-5)

Attachments

• Finnisher Completed.jpeg
    Finnisher Completed.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
nice work. great choice. I was eyeing that exact body for a while. I like Truggy looking bodies. Some like more scale looking ones.

Right on love it! I too am putting a Finisher body only on my Talion. First time I ever attempted to mask a body, hoping for the best when done. Going with a solid green front sometime today.

edit: I have never heard of Liquidmask before, learn something everyday. I masked mine with good ol' masking tape / Anyways I'm not trying to hijack your thread )

Attachments

• 060954.jpg
    060954.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I played with liquid mask. It's great for free hand graphic designs. There is a learning curve with it. Plain old 3M Blue making tape works for me most for most of my work.

Not quite what I wanted but close enough. Maybe some decals will help / Next time I will get it right.

Ya that's a Talion with Kraton Tires. Doesn't help my hobby shop is 5 minutes away. I blame my realtor.

Attachments

• 03740.jpg
    03740.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 90
  • 03800.jpg
    03800.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 75
Not quite what I wanted but close enough. Maybe some decals will help / Next time I will get it right.

Ya that's a Talion with Kraton Tires. Doesn't help my hobby shop is 5 minutes away. I blame my realtor.
Great work brother looks pretty bad ass if you ask me!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back