Kraton v3 Kraton tire upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hi guys, summer has come and nearly gone and to be honest has financially wiped me out. typically at this moment in time i also need some new tyres for the kraton v3 and need to keep it cheap, preferably re using the original rims. Any ideas chaps?

Really like the 4s backflip lp. Perfectly fine on 6s, been running them all summer. The new v4 Kraton tires are pretty sweet too. Copperhead 2’s I think they’re called. Little more $ than the bf lp’s though. I think I gave around $55 to Jennys for the lp’s...

(y)Guys are using the 6s Backflips all day long. I believe you are pretty much limited to premounts. Tires (tyres) don't come cheap in general. For something that will last at least

The 6s Backflips are a great tire on the Kraton. I've got sets on both of my Kratons.

I have seen a lot of positive reviews/comments on the newer Backflip LP (the 4s versions). I have no experience with them, but they are lighter and should reduce diff/driveline wear vs the 6s Backflips if you are heavy on the throttle.

I haven't seen good reviews of the LP BF's (n)That's why most guys retro the 6S backflips. IMO Do more research...… maybe others can chime in here on that one.:) I think the LP's are cheaper though. If that means anything....

6s Backflips or Copperhead 2s. Cheapest way out and both good.

I plan to try the LP Backflips next. I've seen lots of positives here and there and honestly want to give em a shot.
The V4 Copperhead 2 setups are great too and what I'm running on mine (stock).
In order of preference:
Copperhead 2 (could find some cheaper from guys that switch to ProLine immediately upon opening the box for loyalty.)
Backflips (either size) I do want to try the LPs.
Badlands. I think Badlands you can get unmounted?

Thanks guys, i also love the tread pattern on the backflips, to clarify, they won't fit on my current v3 rims? Am i better off looking for a breaker set on eBay?

Thanks

Check out AliExpress, it's cheaper copies of the original tires on there but I have purchased some in the past and they all did great for me

I have the copperhead 2's and 6s backflips. I prefer the backflips for grip and longevity. They do not wear down as quickly, even running on concrete from time to time. Both can be had for around 55 plus shipping for a set.

Thanks guys, i also love the tread pattern on the backflips, to clarify, they won't fit on my current v3 rims? Am i better off looking for a breaker set on eBay?

Thanks
Look for breaker set off Ebay or Jennys. The BFs will fit on V3 rims but is it worth the hassle to get the old tires off and clean up any rubber or CA?

Faultless advice guys thanks, so those of you running backflips are you running the notorious or outcast backflips? Or are they the same?

Faultless advice guys thanks, so those of you running backflips are you running the notorious or outcast backflips? Or are they the same?
Same tire, the Backflip LP is on the 4s outcast but will handle 6s power no problem. Maybe better than the larger heavier bf. I reglue my bf all the time lp’s not once yet...

Same tire, the Backflip LP is on the 4s outcast but will handle 6s power no problem. Maybe better than the larger heavier bf. I reglue my bf all the time lp’s not once yet...
Thanks, what do you mean by lp? Sorry to sound dull

+9284675562829 for the backflips. I'm happy with mine but just need to keep an eye on them as they can come unglued on the inside of the time. There are a bunch of good tires out there that people swear by, but I don't know of any other tyre that is so consistently highly rated as the Backflips......I'm not sure however if they really address the OP's call for "cheap" tyres though.....with that said a poor man pays twice.

You can always roll the dice on some cheap chinese tyres from Amazon or Wish or the like. You might find a good set who knows?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back