Outcast V3 Outcast?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah. Any chance you think Horizon would warranty this? I mean as far as I know it was just an aggressive wheelie in grass. Bolts pulled right out of the little blocks that the wing is attached to.
Did they change the wing mount? I swear my wing mount has little nuts that those screws go into.

Did they change the wing mount? I swear my wing mount has little nuts that those screws go into.
You're right. They have nylon lock nuts. When I first got my Notorious, the wing came off pretty easy as well. Turns out that they had likely stripped the plastic that would hold the nut in place by over tightening it, and tried to hold it in place with some CA glue. Probably never got any real bite of the screw into the nut. Two new screws and nuts, and a flathead screwdriver to hold the nut in place, and I was back in action. I'm guessing that @swampguts was made on the same day, with an overly zealous employee manning the electric drill/driver. I found the picture of the original mount and you can see how the glue had spilled over.
20181224_155443.jpg

also, there are nuts inside the plastic. maybe just screw it back in...you will then have a break away wing, might save your mount a few times anyway...fun truck btw.
I wasn't aware of the nuts, and it turns out it was just a botched assembly process or something because the bolts were never in there. Straightened out the washers (put the pins in the holes) and wing is back like nothing ever happened.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back