Outcast V3 Outcast?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost bought a 6S Typhon yesterday when Ebay had the 15% off coupon- would have been $382.50 shipped, no tax.

Then I realized I have no hard pak or asphalt to run it on.
I bought an Axial RR10 Bomber kit and a bunch of other stuff from there yesterday. I spent like an hour looking for sellers that don't charge tax. Then I ordered and got separate charges from Ebay just for the taxes. Turns out that starting January 1st in Minnesota Ebay charges tax when the seller doesn't. LOL so I could have saved a lot of time searching, ordered them from in state sellers and avoided 8 charges for taxes ranging from $1.05 to $35. Now I know for next time. Below is a link to what I found. I'm guessing you are in one of the states not on the list. Lucky.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/taxes-import-charges?id=4121

Man, I was considering getting one of their 6s vehicles this week, but if I'm gonna have to spend extra money just to get a decent radio I think I'll pass.

Man, I was considering getting one of their 6s vehicles this week, but if I'm gonna have to spend extra money just to get a decent radio I think I'll pass.
The V3 Outcast and V4 models aren't available yet, so if you bought one it will be a v2 Outcast or V3 of the others and will come with the TTX 300.

The V3 Outcast and V4 models aren't available yet, so if you bought one it will be a v2 Outcast or V3 of the others and will come with the TTX 300.
I actually realized that looking at Tower, and the only thing in stock was v2 outcast so I should have it by Wednesday. Kinda was leaning Kraton but eh.

Notorious.. Buy now or wait for V3..??
Why wait when you could be breaking it right now? I got mine over the winter and couldn't run it until a week ago...so much fun. The only thing I'm really looking at on the new ones is the motor mount and rod ends and I can upgrade to those whenever.

I got it today and it's way too much truck for me, even on 4s.

I got mine in January- w/ 6S ...and it magically shrunk my multi-acre yard into a postage stamp.

No joke- ended up across the street wedged under a neighbors bumper, in a side neighbors yard, in a cornfield out back... whoa.

Amusingly my getting back into the hobby quickly made my 2 nephews who have never had RC cars get them about 2 weeks ago...and after asking many questions and listening to my answers- today my brother in law sent me a picture of the new Outcast he just picked up.

He is not on the forum yet (that I am aware of)- he has the 6S battery I gave him to help out, I bought 2 new ones from SMC.

His yard is MUCH smaller than mine. I eagerly await a crash report. :D

Oh I totally hit a tree, two neighbors cars, took out an address flag... I live right in town, my yard is microscopic.
These are the tell tale signs that you're doing it right ?

Lol, this reminds me of when my son lost control,
Grabbed a handful of throttle jumped a curb, and hit the neighbor's mailbox with his Kraton. Not the post, but the actual BOX. And not even my neighbor, but 2 doors down. The truck punted the box off the top of the post...???

Lol, this reminds me of when my son lost control,
Grabbed a handful of throttle jumped a curb, and hit the neighbor's mailbox with his Kraton. Not the post, but the actual BOX. And not even my neighbor, but 2 doors down. The truck punted the box off the top of the post...???
Kraton: 1
Mailbox: 0

Haha. Casualties of the cause, I reckon. I brought the truck and gear to work with me to let a buddy drive it in an empty lot afterwords. It's probably a hundred by thirty yards. Maybe it won't kill anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back