Talion V3 Talion Problem, ESC??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry62

Reaction score
Western Rural Iowa Iowa by way of Chicago
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Talion
So I have a 2018 Talion 6S which I love. I also have a Granite 4x4 BLX that I just rebuilt due to a overzealous Grandson verses skate park issue. 25 Feet straight up and down, bumper first landings never seem to go well. I was going to buy the new 6S Kraton but my Guy at the Hobby Store said it was really a update otherwise very close to my Talion so I got the Kraton 4S. Great choice I like it.
Anyway my last run just before I broke my Ankle last September my Son in Law and I were racing his E-Revo against my Talion. Yes I won, Traxxas trash sorry I never had one that didn't break every time I got it out. So last run we were racing back when my Talion for some reason made a hard left jumped a curb and went flying into a retention pond. Yes I was angry.My wife was there and fished it out of a 1&1/2 of water hanging on to it because it was running full bore. I was able to smash it into the grass and finally turn it off. it was a mess.

I did get the water out of it, least I thought so, and that night slipped in the bathroom and broke my ankle spent a week in the hospital from surgery and completely off of it for 2&1/2 months. Then, I literally did it again. I was not back on my feet until mid January. So I just get it back out finally to really clean up and get ready to run. I wanted to make sure that everything was still working. Put a fresh battery in it fired it up just touched the trigger and it went nuts off the bench into my foot. I grabbed the wing pulled it up to shut it off and torn my finger open and did get it shut down. So all of that to ask, did I fry the ESC in it or is there even more. It lost connection to the Tactic because I didn't turn it into the curb then the pond. I wanna fix the problem not play a guessing game. My hobby store is 75 miles away, the benefits of living in Western rural Iowa. So You Pro's help me. I'm not 17, 57 retired and love my toys.

Thanks,
Harry

Maybe try to reprogram and bind the rx and ESCs. What lights if any are blinking on the ESCs when you turn it on. Fresh batteries in the controller?

I did not notice any lights on or blinking in the ESC, both the Battery in the Talion and in the Remote were freshly charged and brand new. I have not had to reprogram a ESC/Controller before, like I said I've done things as I've had to and learned by doing it so I guess time to get the Manual back out. This time to be safe i'll take all the tires off before I do something stupid again, Thanks.

Wheels off. Great idea. Manual should walk you through both procedures. Hope it works.

So yes I'm ready to Bash, Smash and Crash! Had to have a couple things replaced that my guy at the Shop noticed. I wasn't able to get it into pairing mode but he took a moment and both were done. While we were gone he took it outside to their track and it's perfect now, he even cleaned up the whole thing from the disaster it was.. So, I have a nice big 6S Battery that has just been waiting for this baby to roar back to life. No more 4S those belong to the Kraton now. Pure 6S power all the time.:rolleyes::rolleyes:(y)(y)(y)

And we know "That with Great Power comes Great Responsibility", NAH! Time to let it rip!!!!!!!!
Thanks Again, you guys pointed this crazy Geeky 57 Y.O. in the right direction.

So yes I'm ready to Bash, Smash and Crash! Had to have a couple things replaced that my guy at the Shop noticed. I wasn't able to get it into pairing mode but he took a moment and both were done. While we were gone he took it outside to their track and it's perfect now, he even cleaned up the whole thing from the disaster it was.. So, I have a nice big 6S Battery that has just been waiting for this baby to roar back to life. No more 4S those belong to the Kraton now. Pure 6S power all the time.:rolleyes::rolleyes:(y)(y)(y)

And we know "That with Great Power comes Great Responsibility", NAH! Time to let it rip!!!!!!!!
Thanks Again, you guys pointed this crazy Geeky 57 Y.O. in the right direction.
Just don’t point the truck at your ankles???

Actually,yeah I've done that a few times. Not fast enough anymore. Or as I tell our 3 30 somethings, Stupid is as Stupid does". One day I'll get the message, maybe if I break my Ankle for a 3rd time??:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back