Typhon V3 Typhon battery sizes and run times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at buying the new Typhon but my LHS told me if I run 2x3S batteries I’d probably only get about 10 minutes of run time. Can anyone running 6s in their typhon post up their battery specs and approx run times.

10 minutes seems low and puts me off buying the buggy as I’d need to spend almost the same again in batteries to get a decent bash in. I thought the battery tray would be the same as is in the new Kraton/outcast but it is smaller so no luck packing in more power.

Keep in mind that battery size is a constraint of Watt hours not just Amp hours - a 3S pack will be necessarily larger than a 2S pack of the same capacity as measured in Amps because of having more 50% more voltage (11.1 vs. 7.4).

Making run #4 with my 2018 Typhon using 2x 2S 5,000mAh, I just came back from a 35 minute run over mixed terrain with a little juice still left. Same batteries in my much heavier (and slightly quicker feeling) Nero, same route (a lap around a hilly rural office park), would run the batteries dry in 25 min. That said, on another thread I posted an observation about my model's drivetrain being really loud (and thus I infer has some inefficiencies), so a more smoothly operating model (or maybe just more broken in) might squeeze out 40 mins.

But, those 10,000 mAh of 2S are in the battery compartment pretty snug, I have trouble imagine 2x 3S fitting in there of more than 3,500 mAh capacity each. A pair of my Graphene 3S 4,000 mAh were too big. Still seems to me that 3S speed sized for that battery box should get you at least 20 min. At this point I'm inclined to try to run my 2S x2 faster with slightly higher gearing.

This is my stock typhon V2 and charger and lipo batteries I run 30 to 35 minutes off-road driving like a maniac or bashing and 40 to 45 minutes on-road full throttle speeding and drifting with better bearings it will be even better
Hope this helps. Oh yeah and the batteries fit stacked on top of each other or side by side
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ok, I just ran my gensacearespammers 5000mah 6s battery for 40 min full out BASH session. I ran 2 3s 5400mah batteries for almost 48 min. I have no idea who only gets 10 min run times, but they should return their crappy lipos and get some decent batteries

I run 4s 5000 gensacearespammers and get anywhere from 25-30.
Even when I was using two floureon 2s 3300 I was getting over twenty minutes in

I have run my Typhon on a SINGLE 3s 5000mah 60c pack a few times, and I only get about 15 minutes, maybe a bit less - track bashing. Running 4s 5000mah packs I am at or over 20 minutes.

I have a Typhon 3S, running a 11.1V 5000mAh 35C LiPo and the run time is only <15 minutes is this normal? I am running it at high speed over grassy area.

One thing to keep in mind that everyone's understanding of bashing is different and driving styles are the only factor for run time.
Full bash-on drifting and WOT on grass, you will get ~ 15min with the standard 6S system and 1513-15T pinion. On road that will be ~ 20-25 min. For, what i call light bashing, with slow speed, jumping etc you will be in the 20-30 min range. More than that I would say is just a lot of doing nothing and standing around. This is all for a ~ 5200mAh battery.
Considering all power systems are the same it is equal across all 6S platforms.
One big power drain is bad bearings, if they are grinding change them out and you will add time. If they are NOT grinding, ease up on the throttle.
10 min runtime is not normal, something is off. Although, batteries do need to cycle ~ 5 times before they reach full potential, normal to see shorter times early on.

I'll do a few more full charge cycles, I am completing a balance charge and I've made sure I've inputted the specification of my battery. I'm left fairly underwhelmed where run-times are concerned. What is the highest specification/capacity battery the Typhon 3S can run?

I have a Typhon 3S, running a 11.1V 5000mAh 35C LiPo and the run time is only <15 minutes is this normal? I am running it at high speed over grassy area.

Seems about right. Grass needs a lot of power. Speed needs a lot of power. Big power drains batteries quick. At the track, my 6s cars will kill a 4s 5000mah pack in about 15-20 minutes, running hard.

It seems I need to buy another battery pack, any idea what the biggest capacity battery I can buy for the Typhon 3S?

Just watch the physical footprint size. As long as it is is 50mm x 150mm, it can be taller.

But also, once you get above 5000-6000mah, the price tends go rise quickly. 2 x 5000mah pack could less than 1 x 8000mah pack. Here is one example -
4-21-2020 11-16-19 AM.png

Another - 30% more money, for 20% more runtime -
4-21-2020 11-18-47 AM.png

I drive a V3 Typhon..

Never really timed my runs.. So i honestly don't know..
I run 2 gensacearespammers 6500mah 3s packs.. Stacked.. Cause they wont fit side by side..

Body still fits.. That said, i raised the back of the body a little..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back