V3 typhon or V3 senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tj89Mj14

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I got my son a Big Rock v3 for Christmas and now I'm stuck deciding what I should get. I'd of got the Big rock if my son hadn't picked it, so now I'm left with the Senton or Typhon since I don't really fancy the Granite. I was completely set on the Senton until I seen my mates Typhon. The way it leans when cornering just blew me away, I know the Senton isn't as wide but that's the one I really want. Does the Senton have anywhere near the same lean/handling when cornering?

I got my son a Big Rock v3 for Christmas and now I'm stuck deciding what I should get. I'd of got the Big rock if my son hadn't picked it, so now I'm left with the Senton or Typhon since I don't really fancy the Granite. I was completely set on the Senton until I seen my mates Typhon. The way it leans when cornering just blew me away, I know the Senton isn't as wide but that's the one I really want. Does the Senton have anywhere near the same lean/handling when cornering?
No it doesn’t out of the box, but you can upgrade the Senton to Typhon arms and turnbuckles. ??

No it doesn’t out of the box, but you can upgrade the Senton to Typhon arms and turnbuckles. ??
Thanks for the info. Would you say it's easier to make the Typhon an SCT, rather than trying to bring the Senton to the Typhon's handling? It's really only the look of the short course trucks I like.

I have both. I’d choose the Typhon for performance and handling, and the Senton just for the variety of the bodies and the looks in general.

the Typhon is a precise rocket, the Senton an uncontrolled brick :) but the Senton looks much cooler when throwing roosters.

not sure if I helped. Sorry. :)

I have both. I’d choose the Typhon for performance and handling, and the Senton just for the variety of the bodies and the looks in general.

the Typhon is a precise rocket, the Senton an uncontrolled brick :) but the Senton looks much cooler when throwing roosters.

not sure if I helped. Sorry. :)
You definitely helped, not the answer I wanted since I love the look of the Senton so much. I have to put handling and performance over looks though. Plus I've seen some pretty cool looking Typhon's, I need to have that lean and handling it's incredible.

I love my V2 typhon. SC looks great and the body covering both shock towers and wheels can help when crashing but I don't like how much more crap the SC bodies trap on the chassis. Could always get one now and the other later. It's nice having a backup car for those times you're waiting on parts.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Would you say it's easier to make the Typhon an SCT, rather than trying to bring the Senton to the Typhon's handling? It's really only the look of the short course trucks I like.
The biggest difference is tires and body. You can widen the Senton and it will be a Typhon wanna be. The Senton body is the part I don’t care for

Im almost in same situation. I got a BRCC V3, and i would like to pick a second car, im between Typhon and Senton

Between the two, I'd pick the Typhon as I prefer a buggy to a SCT - for the reasons listed above and the Typhon has 17mm hexes.

Then again, if you fancy the BRCC - why not get yourself one and get a new body and paint it yourself to make it distinct from your son's. No reason you both can't have the same truck.

Love my Senton. I put zd racing shocks for better handling and cushion for the big air and it drives like a dream imo. what surface do you run on the most, because depending on that I’m not sure you’d notice an appreciable advantage in the typhons handling.

Love my Senton. I put zd racing shocks for better handling and cushion for the big air and it drives like a dream imo. what surface do you run on the most, because depending on that I’m not sure you’d notice an appreciable advantage in the typhons handling.
We run on everything grass, tarmac, dirt and sand. It really depends on what my son feels like that day ?. I'm no expert and we don't race or anything, mostly just have fun. I was just mesmerised watching the Typhon lean into corners, I know that sounds odd. Part of me is thinking the precision may not be necessary for fun. As long as the Senton runs straight and handles fairly well I'd be happy.

Put a giro in the Senton and it goes straight as a die. I put a FlySky GT5 receiver in, turned the built in giro to 30% and it made a huge difference. No matter the type or roughness of the surface, it stays straight like it's on rails now.

Between the two, I'd pick the Typhon as I prefer a buggy to a SCT - for the reasons listed above and the Typhon has 17mm hexes.

Then again, if you fancy the BRCC - why not get yourself one and get a new body and paint it yourself to make it distinct from your son's. No reason you both can't have the same truck.
That's a fair point I was planning on lowering my sons BRCC and painting a body maroon with black stripes, coupled with some hoons for the road, but I could do that for mine ?. The 17mm hexes is a big plus point but the conversion using the Typhon parts looks fairly simple and inexpensive.

The 17mm hexes is a big plus point but the conversion using the Typhon parts looks fairly simple and inexpensive.
The dirt accumulation because of the short course body versus open tires would be a factor for me. Also the 17mm Typhon axles/hexes are MUCH more durable than the Senton/Granite. They are not so inexpensive. You'll need hexes, axles, pins and screws = $50.

I’ve just dipped my toe and I currently have a V3 Typhon and I get what you mean about that lean. She’s a monster on an old tarmac road with a semi loose surface! Absolutely love it! My only comparison is a mates Kraton 8s which is ridiculous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back