Talion V4 diffs and servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happened to me when i (accidentally) sprayed some cow-slick on those parts, it makes them slip much more easily. Only fixed after i took it apart and cleaned them, now i run the SS tighten normally (4-5mm from the chassis) and it doesn't slip.
I assume that this reply was to my comment? Thanks mate that's great info, I've got a few new parts coming for my cars, so when they arrive I'll rebuild them completely and do as you say thanks again. My Kraton is a heavy brute when my m2c arrives it's only going to get heavier, I need as much steering as I can get.

I assume that this reply was to my comment? Thanks mate that's great info, I've got a few new parts coming for my cars, so when they arrive I'll rebuild them completely and do as you say thanks again. My Kraton is a heavy brute when my m2c arrives it's only going to get heavier, I need as much steering as I can get.
If you have a decent servo, run the nut almost all the way up and loctite it there. I've never stripped out my Savox with it run up high. And it turns really well.

If you have a decent servo, run the nut almost all the way up and loctite it there. I've never stripped out my Savox with it run up high. And it turns really well.
It isn't loosening off, it's slipping at the plastic, I've got it really tight, but it still gives way, I'm running decent servos they are over coming the servo saver under load. It is frustrating because the car won't turn at speed on a high grip surface.

yeah, it’s what happened to me as well, servo saver tight, yet it stills slip (i could clearly see the two parts slipping).
Only cleaning it from the moo-slick (it might have even been wd-40) solved it.

I run my Typhon with the saver pretty much all the way up. I’ve put ptfe tape under the nut and it’s not moved or caused damage for 10 packs, on a ruff track with hard driving

It isn't loosening off, it's slipping at the plastic, I've got it really tight, but it still gives way, I'm running decent servos they are over coming the servo saver under load. It is frustrating because the car won't turn at speed on a high grip surface.
The way I have mine, it doesn't slip at all.

As suspected the V4 servo saver is not adjustable and it was stuck together with a ton of loctite.
20190418_092223.jpg

Also, there is really no way to push down on the top to grab the nut. The spring is too stiff. I had to use vice grips to hold it and it marred up the top half of the servo saver.
20190418_092835.jpg

This is a set it and forget it design. You are not going to want to be pulling this apart. I'm glad I got a V3 assembly coming. This one is going in the bin.

Servo saver hub is 12mm in diameter. The washer it comes with has a 12.21 inside diameter and a 17.88 outside diameter. It is 1mm thick. It is part of the servo saver hub assembly so you will need to source these on your own if you want to use additional ones to tighten up the spring.

Thanks for the pioneering, it is helpful for someone to go through the pain first. Bit of a step backwards really isn't it. Shame because I truly think some of the other ideas are an upgrade(like the larger heads on the tie rods). As you've said before it's either a case of cutting costs or we need to be careful what we wish for.

Great stuff again, thanks for the info mate!

Well it took 2 days but HH got back to me about the missing shims in my new Talion diffs:

Hello,

Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. I have passed your email forward to the product managers. I have also ordered you the parts that you requested. Your replacement shims will be shipping on order number N151082. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.

I hope you find this information helpful.
You can also reach our product support technical team at 1-877-504-0233 during our regular business hours Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm Central time.

Take care,

Zach || Product Support
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Hours (CST):
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed

Ticket Details

How are they shipping you shims that aren't available for purchase yet?

I'd confirm the part # with them...

I'd confirm the part # with them...
I sent them the part number for the shims. I'll see when they generate the invoice. I'll keep you posted.

Doesn't mean they don't have them manufactured and in stock. They have to have ones that go into the actual kits already. They just might not have the packaging completed or something for retail distribution yet. ;)

Doesn't mean they don't have them manufactured and in stock. They have to have ones that go into the actual kits already. They just might not have the packaging completed or something for retail distribution yet. ;)
All the parts for the RTR kits would be shipped in bulk to country of origin, which is somewhere in Asia. The packaged individual parts would probably take longer to arrive at Horizon for distribution.

It's probably best if you just buy the whole steering assembly from a kit breaker like Jennys Rc. They're out of stock at the moment, but if you keep an eye out, they come up often. Be sure to pay attention to the model number. AR106021 refers to the older versions, and AR106040 refers to the new V4's
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...rack-turnbuckles-ar106021?variant=33154137926
The v4 has the updated tie rod washer heads, so you'd preferably swap them off your your kit before installing the v3 steering assembly.

Does the v4 still use bushes in the steering posts, or have they used bearings?

The v4 has the updated tie rod washer heads, so you'd preferably swap them off your your kit before installing the v3 steering assembly.

Does the v4 still use bushes in the steering posts, or have they used bearings?
If you watch @bicketybam's new video, he breaks the whole V4 servo save down. Still using bushings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back