Kraton V4 kraton 6s axle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OwnsDaily

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Bought my v4 6s kraton last weekend and ever time I drive it now the front left axle pops out of the diff cup.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Ordered new diff cups, rpm arms see if that helps any.

20190530_183623.jpg

Bought my v4 6s kraton last weekend and ever time I drive it now the front left axle pops out of the diff cup. Any suggestions on a fix? Ordered new diff cups, rpm arms see if that helps any..
For now, take out the camber shims at the end of each arm where the pillow balls screw in. If you want to keep a little negative camber, remove the bottom and replace it with the top.
Bought my v4 6s kraton last weekend and ever time I drive it now the front left axle pops out of the diff cup. Any suggestions on a fix? Ordered new diff cups, rpm arms see if that helps any..
Also, make sure your pillow balls aren't too loose, and screwed in all the way into the arms.

For now, take out the camber shims at the end of each arm where the pillow balls screw in. If you want to keep a little negative camber, remove the bottom and replace it with the top.

Also, make sure your pillow balls aren't too loose, and screwed in all the way into the arms.
Thank you, I will try it. And by loose how tight should they be? Should they have a little resistance or move freely?

I do not have first hand experience with rpm arms, but I believe that I have read that they are actually a tiny bit longer and may make the issue worse.

Thank you, I will try it. And by loose how tight should they be? Should they have a little resistance or move freely?
They need to be snug. When I have the hub off the car, i tighten until they can't move, then back of until they move when I shake them, but stay in place and don't fall back down. Does this make sense to you?

the best way to adjust pillow balls, remove hub assembly, tighten untill ball is hard to move, lift threaded end up and slowly loosen until it slowly moves downwards by itself, perfect.

This careful adjusting of pillow balls cracks me up. Mine stay adjusted for around 3 seconds. Just adjust them thru the wheel enough where the slop in your steering is still, well, sloppy, not too tight...easy peasy. Tighten the pillow ball into the a arm right thru the wheel also.

This careful adjusting of pillow balls cracks me up. Mine stay adjusted for around 3 seconds. Just adjust them thru the wheel enough where the slop in your steering is still, well, sloppy, not too tight...easy peasy. Tighten the pillow ball into the a arm right thru the wheel also.

any extra play causes the balls and hub/knuckle to wear really fast, and gives it room to pop out... adjust it properly the first time and reduce wear and other issues...

They need to be snug. When I have the hub off the car, i tighten until they can't move, then back of until they move when I shake them, but stay in place and don't fall back down. Does this make sense to you?
I removed the shims and tightened them a a bit but probably not snug enough. I will run my truck after work today and see if the problem persists. Also my rpm arms will come today so if that doesn't solve it, I will just throw the new arms on.

I removed the shims and tightened them a a bit but probably not snug enough. I will run my truck after work today and see if the problem persists. Also my rpm arms will come today so if that doesn't solve it, I will just throw the new arms on.
I like to hear if the rpm arms solve the problems or make it worse. I had the same problem this week on my Kraton V4 and yesterday the diff outing broke probably because the driveshaft popped out again.

if unsure on RPM arms, just trim a bit off the end - make sure its flat though. mbx7t guys have been doing this to fit mbx8t arms.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back