Kraton V4 Kraton chassis to Talion chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duggin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I’m thinking of changing out my V4 Kraton chassis to Talion chassis. From what I understand the talion chassis places the motor and center diff further back for better weight bias.
I’m assuming upgrading to an Talion EXB chassis would run into the same problems as the Kraton EXB.
I’m looking at the MC2 to speed chassis.
I’ve yet to bend my stock chassis because I don’t send it. At this point running on some really nice back yard tracks with my friends who are running Techno ET48 2.0.
I’m holding my own against them but would like to do better.
The Kraton tips the scales at a pound heavier so I’m not looking to add more weight. I’ve always found the Kraton to be nose heavy coming off jumps.
If anyone has done this let me know.

It should be a pretty easy swap just need a few different Talion parts to make it work. The above build thread @Mr.Duke linked will show you everything you'd need for the swap👍🏼

I’m thinking of changing out my V4 Kraton chassis to Talion chassis. From what I understand the talion chassis places the motor and center diff further back for better weight bias.
I’m assuming upgrading to an Talion EXB chassis would run into the same problems as the Kraton EXB.
I’m looking at the MC2 to speed chassis.
I’ve yet to bend my stock chassis because I don’t send it. At this point running on some really nice back yard tracks with my friends who are running Techno ET48 2.0.
I’m holding my own against them but would like to do better.
The Kraton tips the scales at a pound heavier so I’m not looking to add more weight. I’ve always found the Kraton to be nose heavy coming off jumps.
If anyone has done this let me know.
Only concern i'd have going to an exb chassis from v4 is if the droop screws will still line up on the tabs. I read somewhere the mojave exb chassis and kraton exb arms will work together so i wonder if they moved the screw in on the new exb kraton arms, and also made the ears shorter like the mojave chassis. If you take an m2c chassis that isn't a mojave you have to trim the ears to not hit the plastic on them. I'd think that may possibly make the v4 droop screws stick off the end and not strike the ears but i could be wrong.

From my understanding all I need to do is flip the chassis braces and drivelines to make the conversion work.
The droop screws lining up is the issue that I’m aware of using the EXB chassis. But maybe there’s a work around? I’m running rpm arms and don’t want to buy new arms at this point. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Mc2 speed chassis but it’s out of stock. The EXB is certainly cheaper and readily available but if it’s a hassle to make work than not worth it

From my understanding all I need to do is flip the chassis braces and drivelines to make the conversion work.
The droop screws lining up is the issue that I’m aware of using the EXB chassis. But maybe there’s a work around? I’m running rpm arms and don’t want to buy new arms at this point. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Mc2 speed chassis but it’s out of stock. The EXB is certainly cheaper and readily available but if it’s a hassle to make work than not worth it
I'm not sure. I'm going to buy some kraton exb arms and towers and do a stretched talion possibly on a mojave chassis.

I'm not sure. I'm going to buy some kraton exb arms and towers and do a stretched talion possibly on a mojave chassis.
Let me know how it works out. I think I’m going to back order the Mc2 and hopefully the waiting is too long. I’m thinking of making an upper deck out of carbon fiber and replacing the T2T brace.

Let me know how it works out. I think I’m going to back order the Mc2 and hopefully the waiting is too long. I’m thinking of making an upper deck out of carbon fiber and replacing the T2T brace.
What will you run on top? Most people say once you go m2c or jbi you don’t even need a T2t brace
Curt at Just Bash it made me a custom stretched Mojave chassis to hold dual battery trays. It uses the 2 longer mojave drive shafts to give enough room to clear the rear arms with the batteries kicked back. May be a good option for something different too. I started with a CEN Reeper body and swapped it to be a "1/5 typhon" on 1/5 grp's. I may put it back on O6 tires for a big offroad buggy. He May still have some in stock.

Attachments

• fat bastard2.jpg
    fat bastard2.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 49
  • fat bastard19.jpg
    fat bastard19.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • fat bastard17.jpg
    fat bastard17.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 43
  • fat bastard15.jpg
    fat bastard15.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 51
  • fat bastard11.jpg
    fat bastard11.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 52
  • fat bastard10.jpg
    fat bastard10.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 47
  • fat bastard5.jpg
    fat bastard5.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 45
  • fat bastard4.jpg
    fat bastard4.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
What will you run on top? Most people say once you go m2c or jbi you don’t even need a T2t brace

Curt at Just Bash it made me a custom stretched Mojave chassis to hold dual battery trays. It uses the 2 longer mojave drive shafts to give enough room to clear the rear arms with the batteries kicked back. May be a good option for something different too. I started with a CEN Reeper body and swapped it to be a "1/5 typhon" on 1/5 grp's. I may put it back on O6 tires for a big offroad buggy. He May still have some in stock.

I plan on going with the Mc2 speed chassis. I’m wanting to stay as light as I can. The upper deck/brace would be like this
1641159326757.jpeg

I plan on going with the Mc2 speed chassis. I’m wanting to stay as light as I can. The upper deck/brace would be like thisView attachment 190043
Right on, i did a lightweight talion build with a basherqueen carbon t2t and lightened m2c chassis.

talion13.jpg

talion14.jpg

talion15.jpg

Right on, i did a lightweight talion build with a basherqueen carbon t2t and lightened m2c chassis.

View attachment 190050

View attachment 190051

View attachment 190052
That’s a great looking rig. So no problems with speed chassis? I’ve already installed the BasherQueen shock towers, front brace, and Ackerman plate. Just ordered the rest of their stuff. The T2T, esc mount and servo mount. I decided against the upper deck because it looks like it would be a hassle when working on the rig. I’m going to make CF cover for the center diff though just for the cool factor. I’m looking at the Teckno battery hold down set up as a possibility

That’s a great looking rig. So no problems with speed chassis? I’ve already installed the BasherQueen shock towers, front brace, and Ackerman plate. Just ordered the rest of their stuff. The T2T, esc mount and servo mount. I decided against the upper deck because it looks like it would be a hassle when working on the rig. I’m going to make CF cover for the center diff though just for the cool factor. I’m looking at the Teckno battery hold down set up as a possibility
No problems so far. I don’t get super crazy with it.

No problems so far. I don’t get super crazy with it.
In a year and a half I’ve yet to bend the stock chassis and I’m thinking the speed chassis is stronger than stock.
I ordered up all the rest of the carbon fiber parts that BasherQueen makes. The Mc2 shock standoffs. Mc2 says they will have more chassis in a few weeks and will notify me. Also ordered up the Tekno battery hold down set up.

Still waiting on the Mc2 chassis. Still on back order.
I need to order new braces it seems.
I’m tempted to pull the trigger on a Jenny’s take off Exb chassis and braces.
I got a hot racing motor mount and made a carbon fiber top piece.
Added Hr rear suspension mounts, already did the fronts. The carbon fiber battery tray is ready for install but need the Talion chassis to know where to locate it,

The carbon fiber battery tray is coming in in a half an ounce heavier than stock at this point. Once I figure out the mounting points I will either mill out areas or drill them to lighten it.
The carbon fiber ESC amount came in at a half an ounce heavier also. I used to Forstner bit to drill holes in it. Probably wasn’t the best method but I got the job done. But now is at .25 ounce just like the stock one.

BF6C21CB-FDCF-4A37-A0F3-D688B399A0E6.jpeg

35EC2FAD-D422-4C3A-BD99-5B9FD3EBA4C4.jpeg

Mc2 speed chassis still on back order and no eta from them.
I ordered a stock V4 Talion chassis to get this project going. I might upgrade later or not.

991E4C5D-54DB-4B4A-A9B5-EFF90DDEBBB3.jpeg

Mc2 speed chassis still on back order and no eta from them.
I ordered a stock V4 Talion chassis to get this project going. I might upgrade later or not.
Have you actually tried to contact them or you just seen it online that it's on backorder?
Also Bro where did you get that Battery tray from? looks real good.

That's nice Bro, I was wondering what's going on with Diet Mt Dews product, they are hard to find so I actually searched for it online, there is a shortage but not on MT Dew, they can't get aluminum cans.....so that might explain a little. Shortage on Aluminum wow. 🤯

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back