Kraton V4 Kraton : hot racing chassis braces and shock towers or JBI chassis braces and shock towers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
Which ones? There's a significant price difference between them. Front and rear would be replaced. Thanks. Hot Racing : $51.70 6061 aluminum for both or JBI : $70. 6082 T6 aluminum. I am going to buy the T7076 6mm shock towers from JBI most likely. Or are the shock towers that hot racing offers any good? The hot racing are 6061 aluminum, while the JBI are 7071. I'm assuming most of you here would say forget about the 6061 ones Thanks.

Last edited:
I would say if your going to spend the money I'd go with mitch at m2c... cant beat 7075 parts.. also the front brace has a 4mm screw for the front top plate.. much more robust...

I would say if your going to spend the money I'd go with mitch at m2c... cant beat 7075 parts.. also the front brace has a 4mm screw for the front top plate.. much more robust...
M2C is even more expensive than JBI. I have some 7075 shock towers on my Outcast from JBI and I'm happy with those actually. I was wondering if I could get away with the hot racing chassis braces. Hehe. I see that the M2C chassis braces are pretty much the same price as the hot racing ones. So I'll get the shock towers from JBI and the chassis braces from m2c ?. Correction. M2c is less expensive. Sorry I'm tired.

Last edited:
Hot Racing uses aluminum in a grade inferior to the US and Canada local guys. Here on the forum there are examples of the Hot Racing stuff breaking but I've never seen anything break or bend that was built with 7075 aluminum. Voltage, M2C, JustBashIt etc are designing and producing upgrades that are sometimes a little bit more expensive but with the greatest value. When I spend the extra, I know I'm buying it once.

Also, if you're gonna send it, this rear shock tower brace set is a highly recommended additional upgrade.
https://m2cracing.net/home/381-m2c-3035-arrma-kratonoutcast-series-rear-shock-tower-brace.html

Hot Racing uses aluminum in a grade inferior to the US and Canada local guys. Here on the forum there are examples of the Hot Racing stuff breaking but I've never seen anything break or bend that was built with 7075 aluminum. Voltage, M2C, JustBashIt etc are designing and producing upgrades that are sometimes a little bit more expensive but with the greatest value. When I spend the extra, I know I'm buying it once.

Also, if you're gonna send it, this rear shock tower brace set is a highly recommended additional upgrade.
https://m2cracing.net/home/381-m2c-3035-arrma-kratonoutcast-series-rear-shock-tower-brace.html
Ah OK nice. I'm about to order the M2C chassis braces and shock towers but I'm confused because the front chassis brace is the same for the Kraton and the Outcast? I thought one was larger than the other? Thanks. The shock tower braces are not in stock. I would have bought them if they were.

Last edited:

I have only ever seen someone break 1 Hot Racing rear chassis brace on his Outcast, he sent it straight up like 30-40 feet and landed right on the rear of the truck, he also bent the crap out of the chassis. I've had my Hot Racing chassis braces for 2 years and other than the screws backing out every now and then I have not had any problems with them. Just like the servo mount ANY of the aluminum chassis braces are far better than the stock ones.

And on the topic of the shock tower brace does it work with the Voltage towers?

Ah OK nice. I'm about to order the M2C chassis braces and shock towers but I'm confused because the front chassis brace is the same for the Kraton and the Outcast? I thought one was larger than the other? Thanks.
The rear is different not the front, last I checked M2C did not have a rear brace for the Outcast.

I have only ever seen someone break 1 Hot Racing rear chassis brace on his Outcast, he sent it straight up like 30-40 feet and landed right on the rear of the truck, he also bent the crap out of the chassis. Just like the servo mount ANY of the aluminum chassis braces are far better than the stock ones.

The rear is different not the front, last I checked M2C did not have a rear brace for the Outcast.
I have Hot Racing parts too but with the 7075 guys available and the negligible cost difference, I will always recommend small business, local.

I have only ever seen someone break 1 Hot Racing rear chassis brace on his Outcast, he sent it straight up like 30-40 feet and landed right on the rear of the truck, he also bent the crap out of the chassis. I've had my Hot Racing chassis braces for 2 years and other than the screws backing out every now and then I have not had any problems with them. Just like the servo mount ANY of the aluminum chassis braces are far better than the stock ones.

Ah OK my bad. So the front brace is the same but not the rear. Got it thanks.

I have Hot Racing parts too but with the 7075 guys available and the negligible cost difference, I will always recommend small business, local.
What is the price difference? I never really bothered to look as I didn't need them.

What is the price difference? I never really bothered to look as I didn't need them.

Not sure either but OP seemed concerned.

@bicketybam used the $25 brace kit with Voltage towers if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Went with m2c chassis braces and shock towers. I only have to figure out now which bumper I have to use for my Kraton. Some people said the Typhon bumper works well?
The hot racing and m2c chassis braces are pretty much the same price.

I have the m2c chassis, hinge pins, and the hot racing axle carriers and chassis braces. Some stuff from hot racing is great - axle carriers as an example. Some stuff from them is not so great or at least could do with some tweaking. As an example the chassis braces themselves are nice, I haven't had any issues with them and haven't seen any in person on anyone else's rigs. That being said - I drilled and tapped my front one for a larger screw like on the m2c braces a couple days ago because I was breaking that screw about every 2 weeks. The m2c stuff is definitely in a whole different league. Incredible quality. I would go m2c everything if they had everything. (aka make some hinge pin holders)

Went with m2c chassis braces and shock towers. I only have to figure out now which bumper I have to use for my Kraton. Some people said the Typhon bumper works well?

The hot racing and m2c chassis braces are pretty much the same price.
Oh wow really? Then yeah get the M2C.

I have the m2c chassis, hinge pins, and the hot racing axle carriers and chassis braces. Some stuff from hot racing is great - axle carriers as an example. Some stuff from them is not so great or at least could do with some tweaking. As an example the chassis braces themselves are nice, I haven't had any issues with them and haven't seen any in person on anyone else's rigs. That being said - I drilled and tapped my front one for a larger screw like on the m2c braces a couple days ago because I was breaking that screw about every 2 weeks. The m2c stuff is definitely in a whole different league. Incredible quality. I would go m2c everything if they had everything. (aka make some hinge pin holders)

Watch that front brace you drilled and tapped for m4 closely.. I did the same, was snapping m3 screws like crazy, tapped for m4 and then it snapped 2 of the braces nose's clean off in front of the screw.. the walls on the sides (L to R) when drilled for m4 are so thin it fractures at those walls...

I cant say it's going to happen to you, but I suggest you keep an eye on that area of the brace...

I even machined my own out of 6061 as a trial before cutting them from 7075, thinking it was just the chineseium HR aluminum... broke the nose's off of 3 of them before I had enough and cut them all from 7075... not a single issue since... I also made the front brace 9mm wide to increase the wall thickness on each side of the m4 screw...

Watch that front brace you drilled and tapped for m4 closely.. I did the same, was snapping m3 screws like crazy, tapped for m4 and then it snapped 2 of the braces nose's clean off in front of the screw.. the walls on the sides (L to R) when drilled for m4 are so thin it fractures at those walls...

I cant say it's going to happen to you, but I suggest you keep an eye on that area of the brace...

I even machined my own out of 6061 as a trial before cutting them from 7075, thinking it was just the chineseium HR aluminum... broke the nose's off of 3 of them before I had enough and cut them all from 7075... not a single issue since... I also made the front brace 9mm wide to increase the wall thickness on each side of the m4 screw...
Thanks for the heads up good to know. I certainly would prefer an m2c Talion brace but it doesn't exist yet to my knowledge. I'll be buying them if Mitch makes them

I went with GKA for my braces, couldn't be happier.
Does he still make stuff? I used his rocker arms for my Nero but it's been literally years since then and the site looks like it hasn't been updated and I heard people aren't getting responses from PM's or emails. Would totally still support him if I knew it would happen

Attachments

• C7179946-C385-43CC-ACFE-7DD587D95973.jpeg
    C7179946-C385-43CC-ACFE-7DD587D95973.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 46
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back