V4 Kraton pinion gear & center diff gear offset?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Doing some general post romping inspection & noticed my pinion gear and center diff gear are offset I have only run about 4 full battery pack through it with no jumping over 5ft up.so far. I'm assuming this bbn isn't normal but am.umsure what cause/solution are. Seems to be marking.up the alum motor housing a bit as well. Ideas/thoughts? Is it possibly the pinion gear got pushed in this causing the offset?

Doing some general post romping inspection & noticed my pinion gear and center diff gear are offset I have only run about 4 full battery pack through it with no jumping over 5ft up.so far. I'm assuming this bbn isn't normal but am.umsure what cause/solution are. Seems to be marking.up the alum motor housing a bit as well. Ideas/thoughts? Is it possibly the pinion gear got pushed in this causing the offset?

Looks like the grub screw holding the pinion to the motor shaft came loose, I would take the motor off the truck, remove the pinion and clean up the loctite from the factory (they usually use a ton, i had to heat up mine to remove it) and reinstall the grub screw/pinion using new loctite

Looks like the grub screw holding the pinion to the motor shaft came loose, I would take the motor off the truck, remove the pinion and clean up the loctite from the factory (they usually use a ton, i had to heat up mine to remove it) and reinstall the grub screw/pinion using new loctite
I hear thats what it is. Is this the V4?

You can clearly see in the picture the spot where the grub screw was contacting the shaft, and the damaged teeth on the pinion, and the damaged motor mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back