Notorious V4 motor mount into V3 easy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk1mick

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, new to all of this. Recently got a notorious and a kraton for me and my boy. Bought used, wasn't sure if v3 or v4, I now realise both are v3 having ordered new motor mount to find it doesn't fit! I didnt get the separate part that bolts onto the motor to slide in. I now have a broken v3 mount and half a v4 mount. do i order the missing v4 bit and fit, or is that gonna cause issues with alignment or something/ should i order a v3 mount?

I don't think they changed. Sounds like you didn't get all of the parts. Do you have a photo?

Being able to adjust mesh without removing the motor has proven so very handy. I have the m2c racing system which is very similar. It's awesome

I replaced my V3 mount with a V4 as well as the center diff mount. I got it from Jennys so all the parts were included. You might need the diff mount and cover as well. The complete setup is still available.

#2 post has all you need. You don’t want to go back to the early mount unless you are a gram counter. They are much lighter, but the newer one is far easier to mess with and stronger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back