V4 Notorious Re-Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschlosser0405

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
I recently purchased a V4 Noto from a forum member that needed a little bit of TLC. So here is my first official build thread. I will try my hardest to keep it organized, but I apologize in advance for screwing it up! Any tips are welcomed!

Here is where I begin!
20210924_164129.jpg

I use 30-60k fr/500k cnter/20-30k Rear. For "Open" non-LSD diffs. Recommend the Arrma Metal diff cup/carrier ( 6s Option part) for the center. For heat reasons.
It is a wheelie monster. Mine at least. Just much more controllable with these diff fluids. And less tire ballooning.
Seems like you have a nice set of tools and a bench for your project. Looks like mine.:LOL:

@Hammer Down it was from Manley00
@SrC I just rebuilt the diffs with 60kFr/200kC/40kR, It came with a hot racing metal diff cup but I put a ring gear on it thinking it would keep the rear stronger. I really don't feel like taking it back apart and putting a spur on it due to the massive frustration those little o-rings caused me! At this point if I have an issue with the center, I will just throw in an EXB center. I have a nice storage for tools/small parts but definitely need a bigger work bench and rig storage. We are in the middle of an addition so it may be a while before I get my space. May go get the adjustable height workbench thing I saw at home depot though! haha

Your setup is great so far. (y)(y)Keep rolling..... Sometimes a build can take me a months. A few hours a day here and there. We have other things going on in our lives.:) I need 3 benches to roll best.:LOL:
My 1/7 scale Typhon build is not complete yet. Have new parts to install collecting dust. Bad on my part. My son and I bash, so the bench gets those other rigs mostly.

Thank you @SrC This may take a while, I'd love to get it done before the weather turns bad though. I am really excited to run it though as it is my first short wheelbase 6s. I am the same way, I have a whole big drawer full of parts for several rigs that I just haven't been able to get to. I need to make time though as this is my decompression time to keep my sanity! lol My 2 youngest and I bashed a bit this spring and summer but once things started breaking they sort of lost interest. They are only 5 and 8 though so I am hoping they will pick it back up as they get a little older.

Got all the diffs sorted. All parts cleaned up and started assembling!

20211003_111014.jpg

Made some changes. Added some extra de-anodized bits from my K6EXB. Just need to get a metal rear brace and ill be good....for now haha

Attachments

• 20211005_110952.jpg
    20211005_110952.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211005_111001.jpg
    20211005_111001.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211005_111009.jpg
    20211005_111009.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20211005_111035.jpg
    20211005_111035.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I've been home from work for a few days so I have had time to tinker while the kids are in school. Everything is put together for the most part. Missing a front upper hinge pin and would like to get a metal rear center brace before I really get on it. I decided to take it out for a quick spin just to listen to diffs and test it out. HOLY S#IT! Now for reference, my Kraton 6sEXB is the only 6s arrma I have ever driven so I wasn't sure what to expect when I got into this a couple summers ago. This Noto is insane! It absolutely rips with just a touch of the throttle. This is going to take some getting used to!

So it's been a while since I have updated this. It's been a rough month with what seems like the plague being passed around my house constantly. I have gotten to tinker a little and added an M2C rear center brace, M2C front upper hinge pin block with pin retainers, a @Camaroboy383 fan mount for the Max6 with a 40mm rocket fan, a Powerhobby fan mount with 40mm rocket fan, and an extra EXB sized receiver box I had to fit a switch into so I can turn my fans on/off from the Dumbo Tx. Covered it all up with a Hot racing dirt guard to keep it clean, it works surprisingly well. The stock towers are pretty beat up, because of that I cannot get the front pin retainers on. I'd like to get some aftermarket ones, anyone have any advice on shock towers? Should I get V4 M2C or just make the switch to V5/EXB? I really like how it handles and jumps so I am concerned about the suspension changing with different towers. Also, I lost a rear dogbone last time out, what all is involved in changing to CVD's for the rear?

20211121_133059[1].jpg

Update:
I have been tinkering and figuring here and there. Finally got some more parts in. Installed some new goodies and made some tweaks. Now I just need to figure out what to do about bumpers front/rear. I'd like to stick with stock Noto front if possible, rear I am open to suggestions. Anyone have any input?
  • Basherqueen CF towers, top plate, ackermann, and steering plates
  • M2C ZRS shock caps/pistons
  • Arrma delrin shock seal/guide set
  • M2C front center brace
  • M2C A block with retainers
  • M2C front/rear hinge pin kits
  • M2C front/rear skid plates
  • PPS grublock motor mount
  • De-anodized my shocks and hubs/nuts
20211208_140619[1].jpg
20211208_140506[1].jpg
20211208_140447[1].jpg

Does anyone run the Basherqueen CF tower, the M2C bear tower brace, and the RPM wing mount? I cant swing the brace down to meet the tower without modifying the wing mount. Or do I just need to put some spacers in there? I've got a 4.5mm gap between the brace and the tower.....
20211209_093213[1].jpg

The rpm wing mounts don’t play nice with the M2C brace. You have to grind a little off the wing mount to fit. Don’t worry tho, it doesn’t affect the life of the mount as far a I know. 👍

The rpm wing mounts don’t play nice with the M2C brace. You have to grind a little off the wing mount to fit. Don’t worry tho, it doesn’t affect the life of the mount as far a I know. 👍
Ok, thank you for the verification. I was nervous I screwed something up. I actually just changed wing mounts back to the EXB version for now. Now I just have to build up the courage to drill out the Basherqueen CF tower for the rear brace haha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back