Senton V4 sliding motor mount into V3 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Does anyone know if you can take the V4 sliding mount and directly put it into a V3 ? I am speaking of the Senton 6s V3 , if I take it apart to change the pinion I may as well install the sliding motor mount system . Stock Arrma or the Hot racing or ?????? Just remembered also , the roll cage mount that is in the Senton 6s .

Yes it fits, you can order it from Jenny's.
If you are still using the v1/v2 battery tray it can get quite dangerous because the new center diff top plate has a sharp edge on the battery side which cuts into your lipo's. So i also had to install the new battery tray with the higher side walls.

I want to put this in my V3 Senton 6s for ease of pinion change and diff removal . I see it has provision for the cage mount also .

I want to put this in my V3 Senton 6s for ease of pinion change and diff removal . I see it has provision for the cage mount also .
Right there with you. I’m just too lazy to pull the trigger currently.

I'm horrible , bought the Senton 6s back in Aug , still brand new , never even a battery put in it !!!! I've been beating ( and breaking ) my Talion , and Typhon . Drove the new Mojave just once . I love what JayTee did with his new Senton 6s , he put Infraction Hoons on it !!! It looks way cool like that ! I'm gonna get a set of those , put a 16t pinion in and start by using it for on road only driving ( to keep it nice and unbroken , LOL !!! )

I'm horrible , bought the Senton 6s back in Aug , still brand new , never even a battery put in it !!!! I've been beating ( and breaking ) my Talion , and Typhon . Drove the new Mojave just once . I love what JayTee did with his new Senton 6s , he put Infraction Hoons on it !!! It looks way cool like that ! I'm gonna get a set of those , put a 16t pinion in and start by using it for on road only driving ( to keep it nice and unbroken , LOL !!! )
Hoons sound pretty good right about now. I gave mine a run for its money earlier today for the first time in a few months and had to throw my stock tires on the rear since the speedtreads were destroyed (reason why it was parked)

image.jpg

How did u like the speedtreads on it ???? I have a set that I only used on my Typhon once , did u up the pinion ?

How did u like the speedtreads on it ???? I have a set that I only used on my Typhon once , did u up the pinion ?
20t pinion. Speedtreads are not speedy treads at all.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I’m having issues with them blowing out around 80-85mph.

Ive beat the crap out of my GRPs and they are still in one piece. They are tattered and getting to the point that I don’t want to risk them losing grip at high speeds, but they have held up, even to 6S. Can’t recommend them higher.

Ive beat the crap out of my GRPs and they are still in one piece. They are tattered and getting to the point that I don’t want to risk them losing grip at high speeds, but they have held up, even to 6S. Can’t recommend them higher.
Yup.. from what I hear they’re the best for constant high speed runs. I’m just too cheap to go that direction. With both of my blowouts I have yet to wreck. With a few quick decisions I’ve been able to get the car to a controlled stop without hitting anything. All of the broken parts are from general bashing.

Yup.. from what I hear they’re the best for constant high speed runs. I’m just too cheap to go that direction. With both of my blowouts I have yet to wreck. With a few quick decisions I’ve been able to get the car to a controlled stop without hitting anything. All of the broken parts are from general bashing.
$39/pair isn’t that expensive tho ??‍♂️ compared to SRC or PowerHobby. I’ve tried the cheap Chinese wheels too and had issues. One set exploded in a burnout. I’ve abused the heck out of my GRPs much worse.

$39/pair isn’t that expensive tho ??‍♂️ compared to SRC or PowerHobby. I’ve tried the cheap Chinese wheels too and had issues. One set exploded in a burnout. I’ve abused the heck out of my GRPs much worse.
Yeah but I paid $30 for all 4 speedtreads. The senton is where I skimp because the revo eats my wallet.

Got it done !! V4 sliding motor mount installed in V3 Senton . While I was in there , changed the center diff to 300k , and changed from the stock 14t pinion to a 16t . Also added the Typhon front/rear sway bars . Gonna be interesting to see how it drives now .

Attachments

• IMG_4027.JPG
    IMG_4027.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4028.JPG
    IMG_4028.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4032.JPG
    IMG_4032.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4034.JPG
    IMG_4034.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 39
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back