Talion V4 Talion Suddenly won't Turn Well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGolfBallKid

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi!

Brand new to the forum after having bought my kids - who am I kidding - me a V4 Talion the first of March. I've been thrashing through parks and parking lots and have upgraded a few things. However, after putting new A-arms (RPM) for both front and rear on Saturday, I've lost almost all steering - only when going slow and/or braking can I get it to turn well. Also put in a HR servo brace (aluminum) as part of that project. Still using stock servo and tires. No changes to shocks/diffs/springs.

Can anyone point me in a direction as to what may have happened? I have cased it on a couple jumps, landing nose first, but no broken parts or bent chassis is visible.

Appreciate any/all help!

The Mahi-Mahi Mobile!

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 70
Nice body color :sick:
Joke aside, take a picture of your arms and steering area. Overhead shot or similar without the body.

By all means you should be able to move the tires with your hands and see where it's binding.

First impression, your upper arms are installed wrong. The RPM logo should face forward.

It's painted like the fish - Mahi mahi (my other expensive hobby). Anyhow, thanks for the responses and here are the pics requested.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 49
Yeah man the top arms need flipping over, the straighter edges should be forward facing and the curvier edges facing backward ?

Nice looking Talion. Did they really change the name to Mahi Mahi because everyone thought they were eating Dolphin?

Nice looking Talion. Did they really change the name to Mahi Mahi because everyone thought they were eating Dolphin?
Yes. Since people remain uneducated on reality they were renamed to actually be able to sell them to larger markets. Nobody wanted to buy 'Flipper' the friendly dolphin and eat him.
Similar reason for other names to be changed like 'Grouper', it previously had a 'politically incorrect' name.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back